Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mberry58
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

no internet access after 10.1 update

After downloading the 10.1 update to my Z10 my phone could not get Internet access through the network, although wifi still worked. Telus tech support had no idea what was wrong, and we found that the apn field in network settings was blank and could not be typed in manually. He said I might need to send my phone in for repairs. He called me back the next day to say this problem has come up for some people since the update and for a workaround to restore the phone to factory settings. However, if you turn your phone off the problem will come back so you can't turn off or restart your phone. I restored my phone and got Internet back over the network. Hopefully blackberry will have an update to fix this problem soon, I don't know how long I can go without having to turn off or restart my phone. Anyone else familiar with or experiencing this problem?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Theravadin

Re: no internet access after 10.1 update

I have the same problem - in my case it is actually crashing my wireless modem - not only my Z10 is offline, buit everything else as well. For me it happens if I go out of range, and then back into range again.  I can fix it by restarting my modem... but this is not an acceptable solution.  Need to fix it fast, Blackberry!

Please use plain text.
olifko
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

Hi man, I updated 3day ago my Z10 and I have the same problem I think. From time to time I get no internet connection by low or full mobile network. It has no reason, It´s just happened. Just like you wrote, reset or turning off/on the mobile helps not. But I don´t want reset my phone to factory default :-/ .
I hope Blackberry tech support works allready on this problem!!!

Come on Blackberry I need to work with my Z10 without problems!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DiscoKing426

Have the same problem and still hasn't been solved.  Have a ticket on going with Telus.  Internet access only works when connected to Wifi.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mberry58

I got my phone working by backing up and restoring it via my desktop software, haven't had the problem since. Telus has been contacting me once in a while because although that fix worked for me it hasn't worked for others. If you haven't tried restoring your phone it might be worth trying, even though it is a pain in the **bleep**.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DiscoKing426

Solution for me was to use a soft reset. Press up volume button and power button together and hold for 10 seconds. Device will turn off and reboot.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DiscoKing426

Problem has returned and a reset hasn't fixed it.  Telus and BlackBerry have been no help.  Time to make a video of a BlackBerry Z10 being used as a paper weight or maybe death by fire is being required.

Time to say goodbye BlackBerry.....had great hopes for a comeback, but doesn't look like it will happen with BB10.  I put it in the same category as Window Me.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Are these carrier updates or leaks? Thanks
Please use plain text.