Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: T Mobile

only getting e not E

Hi 

I work on a cruise ship. When we leave port the ships network comes on. This is MCP. My Z10 picks up signal, and quickly goes from gsm to e, but that is where it stops. It does not get E, and I have no data. Everyone else on a older blackberry has no problems, I didnt with my Cruve 9380, until I dropped it. Smiley Sad

Please can anyone think of a suggestion, it is very frustrating and upsetting. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: only getting e not E

what about people with Android or iOS ?

what is MCP ?

can you use WiFi ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi

Everyone else has no probelms geting data, Androis, iOS or other blackberry users, it just seams to be my Z10 which cant. Yet, when i get into port, and try shore signal, there is no problem either with 3G, E or H+.

MCP is Maritime Communication Partner, and is the network provider on the ship.

I can use Wifi no problem, but it is slow and costs £10 for 162 minutes. 

Any help will be hugely appreciated. 

I have wiped the phone, and managed to sucsessfully upgrade to 10.0.10.90, but this has not resolved things :-(

Thanks for ANY HELP anyone can be.

Guru I

can you try with the SIM card of someone on that boat?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Will a non BlackBerry micro sim do?
Guru I

yes, any microSIM will do, provided your Z10 is not SIM-locked.

if your Z10 is SIM-locked, then you must use a SIM-card from the same carrier as yours (T-Mobile?)

New Contributor

Hi.

Sorry for the delay in replying . I tried a friends SIM, and my Z10 went straight to EDGE. I got myself a new SIM from my supplier, T Mobile, and it doesn't work, same thing, only getting edge, not EDGE.

I have contacted the network supplier, MCP, and they have no knowledge of issues with their networks and Z10's.

The man in the T Mobile (now EE) shop said he has had several Z10's brought back from people on cruise ships , as well as other Blackberry 10 phones that says it is a issue with Blackberry 10 as to why it wont go to EDGE. 

I am really stuck now, I have a phone I love, the Z10 is awesome, but it wont work for 75% of my year :-(

HELP, Please.