Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
elad
My Device: z10

outlook synch usb

Hi,

I know this has been spoken about before but still suffering without an answer.
When will we have synch ability for BlackBerry 10 for outlook?
I actually cannot function with a calendar that is out of date. I cannot use outlook com as when I set up a meeting on my phone that I want to synch it goes to client from outlook com instead of work address. Sonia now have to set up meeting through outlook for synch and then again through local calendar for client (so email goes from work address.). Maintaining this is a real issue when meetings change.
I love this device but it is proving to be cumbersome. I also by law am not allowed to cloud contacts, tasks and calendars.
Please please help as this is a real issue.
When will link support synch from outlook??? Just give us a date so I can go back to my Samsung until it is resolved or DONT give us a date and I will just return the z10 and go to Samsung s4.
If the developers are not fully focused on this issue then they really have priority issues.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: outlook synch usb

The Outlook to usb sync is announced and I have not heard a date yet, but soon i hope, but maybe BB advisor can respond with a date. If not mistaken no android device including Samsung S3 & 4 without 3rd party app like De Ja office & Companion link has the capabiites of USB sync. You can use a 3rd party app in the meantime as all other android users around the world are using to sync with outlook without cloud or outlook.com.

http://www.companionlink.com/  

http://www.dejaoffice.com/ 

A temporary solution is also forward your calendars and contacts from your desktop outlook to your z10 device as an email or put on sd card . This will update your contact and your calendars.  I phone 5 has outlook sync with USB with Itunes app, but on a limited bases.  The rest all use cloud services. 

Contributor
elad
My Device: z10

I'm disappointed that I don't have the option. Where we live there is limited Internet speed and bandwidth costs a fortune. But most importantly it always mails calendar entries from outlook com or I need to duplicate my contacts to local as well as outlook com. I don't actually know anymore which device has the latest calendar or contacts. Very frustrating.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Ok, if you have limited interenet access and it costs too much to email your calendar or contacts to your z10 or Deja office and Companion Link is too pricy for you, just copy it to your SD card and from there use file manager to click on the file and it will add the contact or calendar.. You can make your z10 a USB mass storage device and your computer will see it as a USB drive.  This is a short term free solution until USB to outlook sync is setup on BB link.  If you switch devices to android, you are going to have the same issues.

New Contributor
pld123
My Device: blackberry z10

so the only option is Companion Link or Deja Office for synching with outlook? Does that include Notes? The whole reason i went with BB and not iPhone is that it's always easy to synch with outlook