Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

phone & contacts

If I open contacts, everyone is there.

However, if I open the Phone & use contacts from the bottom, middle if screen, I get a different list and most of my people are not there. What Contact list is the phone feeding off and can I change it? I checked Settings when phone was open and there are no options for it under settings.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dlynes
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: phone & contacts

I'd love an answer to this one as well.  It's been irritating me since a week or so after I got my Z10.  I've learned to ignore it, but it would be nice if I could access phone numbers from my LinkedIn contacts when I want to make a call.  Phone numbers from LinkedIn contacts specifically are not in the address book when you want to call someone, but they are in the address book application.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JamesDee55
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

Do all of your contacts, in your contact list have a phone number associated with them ? If not, and say they only have an email address , they wont show in your contact list when you are in the phone ap.

I thought I had this problem also, until I realized that some of my contacts have no phone number in their contact profile, thus not showing up in the contact list in the phone ap.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Well, ya know... I suppose if I'm making a phone call, I would be looking for contacts that have phone numbers attached to them. No? 

The contacts on this z10 are MESSED UP!  Do I have to go through & manually add everything so it shows up when I need to make a call using my Contact on the phone screen?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

So, back to this little problem.

How do you add a phone number to the Contacts that come up WHEN you're at the Phone? (located at the center, bottom of screen when you have the Phone open)

Because it's not feeding off my Contacts properly so the ones I have in my Contacts, I can't get to when the Phone is open, & also when Phone is open, I can't seem to add a New Contact

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dlynes
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

If you hold down on one of the calls with your left finger, the flyout menu in the right hand side will come up. While your left finger is still holding down, select the icon that looks like an address book with your right hand finger, and release both fingers. It should prompt you to save that contact then.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

That doesn't seem to give me the option to Add, for some reason. But I did notice if I click on Calls (beside Contacts) at the top Right there is an icon to to Add Number. So, I have located how to add a number from the Phone area
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

Okay, I have the same issue as first reported.  Contacts that display within the Phone are a sub set of the contacts in the contact list.

The phone contacts not showing have telephone numbers in them as I only have loaded the contacts that are in my Outlook address book. I do not store/save contacts from Linkedin nor Facebook - got too confusing.

When in the contact book I have three options for display - All Contacts, Favorites and DLBLAPTOP1 (my Outlook host).  All Contacts and DLBLAPTOP! match.  Favorites are blank.  Each of the contacts that are missing in the Phone contact list are in the All Contact list and each has one or more telephone numbers.

I have a Z10 from AT&T, OS 10.1.0.2019.  Blackberry Link is version 1.1.1.32.  I do two way sync with Outlook with no issues except this one.

Anyone have any ideas????

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd

Just figured it out. In the z10 I changed the setting in the contact list to select the DLBLAPTOP1 calendar instead of the All Contacts. What do you know - the contacts within the Phone now contain everything!!!! Weird especially when All Contacts and DLBLAPTOP1 show the same contacts but yet within Phone they are different.

My problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd

I selected the DLBLAPTOP1 contacts that is, not the calendar.
Please use plain text.