Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
bbthreads
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

pop3 emails full of garbage!

I have a Z10 with three email accounts setup on it.  My work account which is Exchange ActiveSync is fine, no problem with it.  I also have two personal accounts with Bell Sympatico, they are pop3 accounts.  When I send or reply to messages with either of these accounts the people who receive them get all sort of **bleep** in the body of the message which makes it unreadable.  The amount of bad characters seems to be random.  Sometimes there are random "=" (equals sign) characters scattered throughout the text.  Other times there is what appears to be html coding, for example:

<=iv style="width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-fam=ly: Calibri, 'Slate =ro', sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-alig=: initial; background-=olor: rgb(255, 255, 255);">They don't use long=utters unless they are shi=ty at putting to begin with.

=

S=nt=rom my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

=3D

Notice the signature doesn't come out right either.  This has been going on ever since I got the phone but it is getting progressively worse.  The phone is running OS 10.0.10.85.  Please tell me how to fix this, it is embarassing not just for me but for Blackberry as well.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: pop3 emails full of garbage!

Hey bbthreads,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

We are aware of this issue and the current workaround is to use a SMTP server that requires a username and password authentication.  You can get this SMTP server information from your Internet Service Provider.

Once you have the info, go into Settings>Accounts and click on the email account.  Scroll down until you find SMTP server username.  Place in the required information and the SMTP server and press save.

Then test by sending a new email message.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MarcioTB
My Carrier: Vivo (Brazil)

Hi Vicious
Tks for your response, but still does not work!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbthreads

Re-entering the passwords fixed the problem.  Which leads to another problem: BB10 will not remember the SMTP passwords for pop3 accounts.  It prompted me to re-enter them every time the phone was restarted, which I got tired of and so I skipped it quite some time ago.  It is able to remember the ActiveSync password so I don't see why it can't remember the pop3. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbthreads

The problem has returned. :-(

Entering the SMTP password no longer fixes this issue.  Blackberry, please get this sorted out.  The product has been out for three months now.

Please use plain text.