Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
jjlothin
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

"IMPORT FROM OUTLOOK"

While waiting for a response regarding contacts/backup as per my message below, I thought I'd go ahead and see if I could update calendar items at least.

The message that comes up when I go to 'Import from Outlook' in BlackBerry Link says:

... Importing data will add new contacts and calendar appointments, but will not update any existing records that have been modified.

Does this mean that every calendar item will therefore be duplicated?

If so, will I therefore have to wait for the two-way USB Outlook synch software to come available before I can effectively update the calendar?

Or does anyone know of a way of deleting all calendar items from the Z10 first, then re-adding from Outlook? I did a post about this in relation to contacts a few weeks ago and I think the only solution anyone could come up with was to wipe the whole Z10 clean - if I were to contemplate attempting that, I would need to know that all the essential information (principally emails and texts) would be available on backup, as per my posting of earlier today.

Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
waltersphoto
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2

Re: "IMPORT FROM OUTLOOK"

A cautious response that when I did it... I did the contacts first - then a day later did the calendar. It did not duplicate the contacts depsite the warning appearing as you describe. That's just my experience and is not necessarily a recommendation. Pity it doesnt two way sync yet or update existing entries
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jjlothin
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: "IMPORT FROM OUTLOOK"

That's really helpful - many thanks, waltersphoto! However, my boss has just come in and wants his Z10 back now, so will have to try myself another time ...
Please use plain text.