Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
sirius2k
My Carrier: Vodafone

"Not Connected - Account Invalid" message

Hi I'm on my second Z10 now in just over a week since taking ownership of the device on release day.

From day one I kept on receiving NCAI error message, this first appeared several minutes after finally setting up the device.

Now having owned several BB in my time I have never experienced this error in the past from the storm to my 9810 which I retired last week.

I have seen people say delete the account and set it up again. Now I've gone one better after the first Z10 screen back light failed I'm on a new device so the email account was setup again on another device but still getting this error message multiple times a day. I enter the pop email account password and then several hours later the Z10 will be loose it and the account will be requesting it again.......

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Carrier: Bell

Re: "Not Connected - Account Invalid" message

What email service provider are you using? Rogers, sympatico, gmail Yahoo or custom website and mail server. Also when your email works, is it also connected to a wi fi at the same time or your mobile provider?  When you set it up, did you just endtered your email address and password?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shadowmatt
My Carrier: Orange

I too am having the same issue with iCloud on the Z10.

Randomly while syncing mail / contacrs it decides the password is not correct and asked me for it again with the "Not Conntcted - Account Invalid" message.

It only happens on my iCloud account, 2 Gmail accounts workiging fine from day 1.

Tried removeing and adding account. Tried changing imap and carddev addrresses to other ones. No joy.

This really needs to be sorted asap.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sirius2k

I'm using my pop.iomartmail.com mailserver from my custom website.

My email works on both wifi and connected to my 3g network, it will also fail when connected via both services it doesn't discriminate.

Initially on my first setup I just used my email address and password and on my second device I performed an advance setup duplicating all the details from my mail client guide.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shadowmatt
My Carrier: Orange

I have spoken to Orange about the issue and they told me it was a BlackBerry software issue that would need to be solved in a software update. They did not know if or when an update would be coming. They also said many customers were reporting similar issues.

If you ring your mobile probvider and describe the issues then they may escalate your case to BlackBerry who may provide further technical support. In my case though Orange did not and BlackBerry want to charge $50 otherwise.

I would personally now wait until BB release their first OS update. If they are on top of things then hopefully our problems will be resolved.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

shadowmatt wrote:

If you ring your mobile probvider and describe the issues then they may escalate your case to BlackBerry who may provide further technical support. In my case though Orange did not and BlackBerry want to charge $50 otherwise.

Perfect!

to sirius2k:

If your mobile provider doesn't offer the issue escalation to BlackBerry tech support, please as or even demand it. The issues like this need to be logged by BlackBerry tech support and the more they have active, the more attention it will be given and even then escalated to their own developers for attention.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meaux61
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same issue and on my second Z10!!

I have deleted and reset several times. 

Has there been a fix for this yet?

M

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sirius2k

Hi M

No this has not been fixed. I did think that with the last z10 update the issue might be resolved.

The only difference that update brought was that you know get informed when your email is no longer responding. Which is some what better than not receiving emails for a few hours with no clue at all.

Still not great but waiting patiently for bb to resolve. I certainly don't think its a carrier issue as this fault occurs across multiple carriers.

Regards

Please use plain text.