Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
syikinms
My Device: Curve 9300

"Unnamed" Attachment from Gmail account setup on Z10

Assistance is needed !! 

Scenario:

Customer claimed that when he received any attachment (e.g: .doc, .pdf etc) from his gmail account setup on the Z10, the attachment only appears as “unnamed”. Unable to view or download it on the Z10.

But if customer view it on the desktop, there is no issue with the attachment. Customer aware that it need the default PDF software which already install on the Z10 but issue still persist. The doc2go apps already installed on his device but no progress.

I have tested with my Z10 device with doc2go apps, sent a PDF attachment from my Hotmail account to my Gmail setup on my Z10. I have no issue. What could be the possibilities? Do he need to restore the Z10 but seems doesn't make sense cause it's a brand new device purchased few days ago. 

Thanks!!

Contributor
vespesian
My Device: Z10

Re: "Unnamed" Attachment from Gmail account setup on Z10

[ Edited ]

Make sure his attachments were using "full" file names...i.e., contract.pdf, picture.jpg., etc.. The file type has to be in the name, as well.

I noticed this too, when trying to send jpg's to my z10 for wallpaper that I had found on the net via my desktop.