Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile/Telekom D

"Workaround" for Freeze after OS Update!

I myself and several other users experienced a freeze while booting the BB10 device(s) after the latest software update.

The boot sequence does not go further than 99% sometimes freezes at 100%.

Just pulling the battery didn´t work for me, no matter how often I dragged it out.

The following, I tried a couple of times with 2 FW´s and it worked just fine.

Simply take out Your battery AND SIM card, when the initial "reboot sequence" gets interupted/freezes.

Insert the battery, but spare out the SIM.

Reboot Your device without the card.

The phone should come up fine and quick.

After that, that re insert the SIM card, put the battery back in and reboot once again.

Cheers

Paddy.

Developer
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

Re: "Workaround" for Freeze after OS Update!

Just testing this now...

When me and my significant other got BB10 devices - we quickly found there was some wierd bug where the OS would self-bloat to 16GB.

In her case, she had a device with nothing on it and the OS would fill after a few days.  This was pre 10.1, so the only fix was to find a leak for 10.1.

Official 10.1 came out, but never registered on our phones (due to the leak) so no biggy.

But today my phone upgraded itself to 10.1.0.4xxx

It had a turbo-quick reboot and would 'die' at 100%.

I used your instructions, removed the battery and SIM card.  Rebooted - problem still occurred.  Removed the battery + SD card, rebooted, and it looks like the OS worked.

I can confirm, the above did work for me.  STAY patient, it sat at 100% for a few minutes but eventually punched through with those removed.

Thanks kind sir,

Ed.

DJ1
Regular Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi,

I have the same problem. All I want to do right now is copy my photos and videos, but cannot get the unit to boot. I removed the SIM card and the boot process was way quicker but still freezes at 100%. My provider telus have said 6-8 weeks to repair and refuse to back up the data.

I have tried removing both the SIM card and the battery as well but then even plugged into the comp's USB (tried both XP comp and Win 7) it does not boot at all. Does anyone have a clue how I can at least get my data off before sending it in. Presumably if I could get the comp to actually connect, I could use a product such as Stellar Phoenix to recover the data.

Thanks

Dave

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Globe

Hi,

I also encountered the same problem. When I update the recent OS it went perfectly well but after rebooting my Blackberry Z10 freezes at 100%. I did the removing of battery and sim card but no hope. It still freezes at 100&. What to do now?

Thanks,

Belle
N/A