Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: random restarts / reboots

TorqueMonster wrote:

Bell store reps said that they only do service and that hardware is the hardware suppliers issue. The IT Manager here at work has an iPhone and had a non-related but similar in magnitude issue and Apple just swapped at the store right there... 

Well, then Bell lied to you. They can esclate this issue to BlackBerry support for you. You may have to demand it. I've read numerous other instances where Bell tech support were stubborn on this. You will get an incident number and a phone number in the process.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dreggen
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

Same problem here. Device restarts at least once a day from the beginning. I tried do delete the first added Apps, but after reading this post I dont think thats the solution. I have a STL100-2 with 10.0.10.90 from Telekom connected to a SBS2010. My wife got a white one (Telekom doesnt sell that) I updated the firmware over WiFi and I´m not sure but I think it got the Telekom-firmware? Anyway it's also connected to the SBS2010 and after a week still no reboots on her phone...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ezrunner
My Device: BlackBerry ZED 10
My Carrier: TMO

I just experienced 3 reboots withing 20 minutes. This is getting irritating I really do like the device other than these reboots

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CrimsonKing
My Carrier: AT&T

Experiencing random restarts on at&t, at least 5 that I know of since I got it 2 weeks ago. Two times device was just laying on my desk, a few times while charging and one time while composing a text.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SWAT8419
My Carrier: A1

Did an wipe on my device yesterday and configured my Office365 Exchange Account, no reboot till now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jingo
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

[ Edited ]

So, just to queue in:

I got the same problems on my z10. It just randomly restarts here and there, mostly when its just idle on my desk. I already tried various firmware releases up to the latest 10.0.10.99. I got no additional apps installed, just using active-sync with our company exchange 2010.

This is really annyoing because I just like the z10, but if its not reliable I will return it.

I come from a rock solid motorola Razr HD which had no issues ever! I nearly had every BB they released and came back to assist the company in their death struggle... But with this device in my hands I just realize why they fell from the top of mobile messaging masters to just another company which doesnt get its stuff together...

So someone please tell me this is just a small software issue which will be fixed and nothing to worry about. Otherwise BB just lost another customer. Sorry :smileysad:!

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Jingo wrote:

So someone please tell me this is just a small software issue which will be fixed and nothing to worry about. Otherwise BB just lost another customer. Sorry :smileysad:!

I believe that is what it is. I've not experienced this rebooting on two other Z10s, only this current device.

stick around.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TorqueMonster
My Carrier: Bell

Jsanders - I know BB is reading this. They know that there are many core supporters of the product.

This stated - as a professional who uses this device day in and out, and took personal expense to use this device as a mission critical support tool - Sticking around is not going to happen.

The expectation I have of myself is that I put fourth my best effort and mitigate issues as they arise. The reboot issue is one which I would contend is a massive show stopper. It will force me to evaluate my position soon if BB does not resolve it immediately.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

TorqueMonster, you'll note I was not speaking to you in that post, but directly to other user who had asked that specific question.

If you need to move on, no one would question that.

Take care.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jingo
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your quick reply, JSanders.

But if you got 2 Z10 working correclty and one faulty, isnt a hardware fault more likely??

Please use plain text.