Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
SWAT8419
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: A1

Re: random restarts / reboots

Ok, second change i made was an software reset in debug mode and software install directly from the BlackBerry webpage, not from provider over the air. Maybe give it a try.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fdlopez2
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Hello,

AT&T, SLT100-3, 10.0.10.116.

Getting random reboots, can be sitting on desk doing nothing, working on the phone, active windows, no active windows, sideload or no sideload, still random reboots.

Honestly my gut tells me it has something to do with the underlying email system. I had very similar issues with my PlayBook randomly crashing once I added email accounts to the native email system when it came out. I removed the email accounts and kept it to using the bridge only and the random crashes/reboots went away on the PlayBook.

Do I have anything but empirical evidence to back this up? No. But it just seems like the issues are awfully similar.

Unfortunately I NEED the email on my Z10 as I use it for work and personal use so I can't remove my email accounts from it to test. Perhaps someone else who has multiple phones experiencing random reboots can test this?

I'm patiently waiting for the 10.1 update but I have a feeling that the issue won't be fixed... Entirely...

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jingo
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Whether they fix it? Whether it can be fixed or cant? Nobody except RIM/BB knows. There is no real statement from them regarding this issue except one small knowledge base article which surprisingly doesnt show the latest software versions.

Noone can really tell whether its based on hard- or software. There are rumors in both directions. As I already wrote above I got my 2nd device now and first it ran for nearly 5 days without any glitch. Because of this I thought the reboots are hardware related, but suddenly it started randomly rebooting. So 50/50 for A) I got another faulty device, B) the software still glitches, whatever may be the cause,,,

My personal thougt on this is that I will stick to the Z10 to support BB and hopefully on some day BB will eventually tell us what went wrong and whether they can fix it or not.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jsenter
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

I was really hoping Blackberry could make a strong stand with the Z10.  I understand bugs in a new device and OS, but for no real confirmation from them is disappointing.

I have had this device for 3 weeks, running on ATT, with the latest version release, 10.0.10.116.

This device reboots several times a day, either with me on it or not.  I have noticed that if I am using it and it freezes up, about 20 seconds later it reboots.  I suspect when it is sitting on the desk the same thing is happening.  At first I thought it was something about being in my pocket, but then I started over sleeping a couple of days and realized the **bleep** phone was rebooting some time after the alarm time and when I had swiped the snooze.  A hour later I get up wondering how I turned off the alarm and took it out of bedside mode.

Come on Blackberry, with as many people commenting with the same problems, it should not be too hard to find the issue.  If this cannot get fixed soon, it looks like I will have to make the switch to either a iphone or android.  Will be a sad moment, as I have been on a Blackberry for almost 10 years with the monochrome 6000 series.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bluejae
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: tmobile

just a little update

8 days and no random reboot.  all i've done is turn wifi completely off.  mobile setting is set to 4g and down.  no lte in my area yet.   bluetooth is always on.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hollyv1
My Device: z10
My Carrier: verizon

I am also experiencing the random reboots and have exchanged my first Z10 for a new one with the same problems. My husband 's on his first Z10 and has not had any problems with his at all. We have had the initial phones for a month. Verizon told me that the latest software update was to have fixed this problem, but it didn't. When my phone reboots, it turns off my rotation lock and pulls a false message count for emails and texts.

This is getting quite annoying and I sincerely hope it gets fixed soon. This is a wonderful phone, but the reboots are super annoying and I cannot imagine being stuck with this problem for the duration of my contract. Ugh!

I should also add that I have no active windows running "unattended" and I didn't download anything extra one phone app wise for fear of needing to return it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wodan85
My Carrier: Telekom

Hello,

I am admin in a company in Germany and we have the same problem. At the moment we have 4 Z10 here and every z10 has the reboot issue.

I tried different firmwares and also different carriers (o2 germany and telekom). But no resolution till now.

i hope BB is getting this problem solved asap.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jingo
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Hello,

I spoke to T-Mobile Germany today and they told me that this problem is known, but only affects a small number of devices. They also said that a fix for this would be coming. They also offered me to exchange the device again (would be the third time then) but I refused it because I think playing roulette to get a working device is not what I want.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jcgrube
My Device: Z10, Playbook 16GB

[ Edited ]

This is what it is, and I will continue to report.

Last week, VZW was called and they offered up a replacement. That replacement arrived yesterday at noon. I immediately switched to the new device. I did not use Link to transfer from old to new. I did it manually. I re-installed everything that I had on the first device. I also re-connected to the same bluetooth (my car) and two wireless networks (home and work).

So far, I have not had any re-boots. It has been 24 hours since I finished switch things over.

Time will tell.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Mine worked for a week and then started rebooting. But I'm on T-mo, and it's like once a day. I did not transfer anything.
Please use plain text.