Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Fr3lncr
My Device: Z30

Re: random restarts / reboots

slickvguy wrote:

Well, I loaded 2354 using sachup (debrick) and sachibar. Resulted in the dreaded SMS / text message problem (i.e. couldn't send or read any text messages). I'm on Koodo w/ a STL-3. Fixed the problem by downloading all 134 files individually and loading each of them w/ the firefox greasemonkey script (playbook app manager). I didn't do a security wipe and/or a restore of any kind.

As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine. The battery drain is definitely slower. So far, no reboots, but I haven't charged it overnight yet (which is when most of my reboots took place). Time will tell.

I installed .2354 as well (using the autoloader version though as the 'sachup' wouldn't work for me for some reason).  As the instructions on CrackBerry stated that to get rid of the SMS problem was to do a security wipe, after it was installed I did two wipes (as I did one, might as well do two...).

I did not restore any of my settings from my backup so I reinstalled and reconfigured everything from scratch.  I haven't had the SMS issue (knock on wood).

On STL100-3 on Virgin Mobile Canada.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB-past: 9000>9700>9800>9780>9810>9900>Z10>Q5
Contributor
slickvguy
My Device: Z10

Yes, but the security wipe is unnecessary. Why bother unless absolutely necessary?

For those wantting to give it a try, just "upgrade" to 2354 using the individual files instead of the two files (o/s and radio),and you're good to go.

Well, it's been about 5 days since a reboot (including recharging overnight). As others have reported, I think this problem has been solved. Very pleased. I think that it had something to do with communication (perhaps wifi?), that when left overnight caused the sanity check reboot.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

slickvguy wrote:

I think that it had something to do with communication (perhaps wifi?), that when left overnight caused the sanity check reboot.

for me, it wasn't WiFi, (mine rebooted regardless of on Wifi or not) but was some interaction and conflict or resources of an incoming message or BBM, which then basically overloaded the processor and the device crashed itself. Using Battery Guru, I could see a massive power (battery) use spike caused by heavy processor usage just before each reboot. Often I would see a new red blinking incoming message alert before each.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

My Friend thats on AT&T with 10.0.10.116 turned off the diagnostic reporting and still reboots on wifi only or cell only

She Bought a new SD card too.

My Unlocked Z10 on AT&T has not rebooted since formatting SD card in device and now I have a 64 gig SD card. Error reporting has been on since Jan 30.

My Wifes Verizon Z10 does not reboot at all using my old 32 gig SD card with error reporting on

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

JSanders

[ Edited ]

Yea the SD card doesn't have anything to do with it (the constantly random 2-3x daily) reboots.

And I've had the error reporting off for three months, still rebooted.

Your friend on ATT needs to upgrade to 10.1.0.2354

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Nolte
My Device: No Longer Using.

You guys just don't "get it". You philistines don't understand the "BlackBerry Experience".

Nothing is more convenient that being at a train station waiting for your friends to text message you for your ride then having to wait 7 minutes for the phone to reboot. No experience is better than to be cut off of an important call with your boss and then having to wait 7 minutes for the phone to reboot so you can call back and apologize. No day is better than when my alarm fails to go off because the phone is rebooting. No night at the club is better than with a dead phone battery so you can't call a cab home.

ITS A FEATURE. YOU'RE HOLDING IT WRONG.

/sarc

Gave up on BlackBerry and delisted all apps.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

7 minutes? Mine takes a minute and 50 seconds to restart to be able to enter in my password to unlock the screen. Maybe you have another issue as well as the reboot one.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

Nolte, I see you have a developer version.  They are notorious for reboots -- why?  What OS are you on?  If on 10.0 hvae you tried a leaked version... or getting a non-developer phone?  I'm on T-mo and when I was running 10.0 could count on a reboot every few days -- maybe twice a day, sometimes.  With 10.1, so far no longer an issue.  But... would hate to interrupt all the fun you're having. 

Contributor
Nolte
My Device: No Longer Using.

You must have "Super-Duper BlackBerry Experience Mode" disabled. Reboots should take no-less than 6 minutes. It's been proven that six minutes is the perfect amount of time to have to wait for a phone to reboot in order to "keep moving."

Gave up on BlackBerry and delisted all apps.
JSanders

Nolte wrote:

You must have "Super-Duper BlackBerry Experience Mode" disabled. Reboots should take no-less than 6 minutes. It's been proven that six minutes is the perfect amount of time to have to wait for a phone to reboot in order to "keep moving."

Nolte, IF you are a developer, you should have noticed by now this is a user support forum. This thread is for offering suggestions and assisting those with the random reboot.

You're not even on a Z10, or the LE Z10? I've never seen a Z10 take over two minutes to reboot.

Either way, your comments in here are off-topic and flaming. If you just want to complain, please go create your own thread in the Social Lounge area and enjoy.

Knowledge Base Updates