Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: random restarts / reboots

I am not an expert, but have noticed from other posts that sometimes a "security wipe" is needed after an OS update. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dreggen
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

I´m solved :Clap:

Update via Telekom to SW 10.1.0.2312 OS 10.1.0.2354 about two weeks ago

NO random reboots since then.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rajib77
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

My z10 is updated to 10.1.0.273. It gets a reboot every time it is charged.
Any solution?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
beavertail
My Device: Playbook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

rajin77, yes, there is a solution. You need to update your Z10 OS. This update is available for all BB10 devices.

Unfortunately, it takes a looong time for carriers to push out OS update. You have to load a leaked version OS 10.1.0.4651 from CrackBerry. I just did mine yesterday. It runs great.

http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-10104651-blackberry-z10-q10-and-q5

First backup your BB10 device with the BlackBerry Link on your PC.

Download the leaked OS 4651 from the above link from CrackBerry based on your device version. I use 7-ZIP to uncompress the .rar file.

Then run the application with your PC on power cord and Z10 on USB. Don't touch and be patience. It will take about 3 minutes or more. It will reboot the Z10 automatically.

Once updated. You restore the "backup" from your BlackBerry Link.  Then you have to re-sign in to all your accounts. BBM contacts update was slow for me but eventually all showed up. This is probably due to the BBM server. All my group conversation reappears. Be prepared it takes time for the Hub, Calendar and Contacts to rebuild all its content. Remember there are megabytes of stuff that the Z10 needs to restore, so naturally it takes time.

Good luck. I think everyone should do the update to benefit from a better experience with the beloved Z10!

Please spread the word.

I just love my Z10 computer!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rajib77
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Thanks for your suggestions.

Here is my latest observation. During charging the charger gets really hot and the z10 get the reboot during charging with the Z10 charger. I tried with the BlackBerry 9860 charger but the result is exactly same. Because both chargers are same ( micro charger 5V and 750 mA) . My understanding is when the wattage of the charger is lower than demand than it will become hot.

To prove this I took a IPhone charger ( 5V and 1A). Bit more wattage than Z10 charger in this case. I used it with BlackBerry charging cable. I charged the z10 without any restart. Charger did not become hot as well.

I doubt blackBerry did enough study for a suitable z10 charger.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
beavertail
My Device: Playbook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Don't waste your time gropping in the dark. There is a solution. Apply it.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I agree with Beavertail on this.

Upgrade.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SimCard
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: TBayTel

Received an official BB update for the Z10 (10.1.0.4181) over the  Rogers Network.  Hope this finally solves the random rebooting problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
goster48
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Updated my OS to 10.1 on a VZW Z10. 72 hours and no reboots yet--plus much better battery life.. Device also feels much cooler. Slight degradation in performance, however Ashamed VZW customers had to wait so long for this.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
printe
My Device: Z10 - User
My Carrier: Telekom

I've updatet my Z10 on 30. July to release 10.1.4181. More reboots in a day than ever before. Now I will do a next exchange. I told my carrier he will get my third(!!!) Z10 back, if this does any random reboot.

If this exchange does not work, I will withdraw from my contract and change to the new iPhone. I love my Z10, but this behaviour is unsupportable.

My company can't reach me and I don't now that. You can swith of security, so logs on again, what are you doing if you 've lost your phone? Sorry, my patience is running out.

Please use plain text.