Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
CrimsonKing
My Device: Z10

Re: random restarts / reboots

All the speculations are a waste of time. People have their phone re booting while the phone is laying on a desk with no apps open and only stock apps installed. BlackBerry need to find the problem and correct it and for their own sake sooner rather than later.
Contributor
Plunjer
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW

Agreed. This needs to be solved as a priority. However, if this is a software related problem, then why is it not happening on all handsets? Why does it seem to be happening more on certain provider handsets? Or is it?
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Plunjer wrote:
 Why does it seem to be happening more on certain provider handsets? Or is it?

It does? I haven't noticed that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Plunjer

Ok perhaps I didn't notice well enough but I saw a few posts mentioning AT&T and EE. It would be interesting if everyone posting this issue mentions their carrier. I have not seen any posts from anyone using the same carrier I bought mine on, so would be interested to see if this is a hardware batch related issue. Not everyone has the same version or OS release number....
New Contributor
cgrant1201
My Device: Z10(white)

VZW 2 reboots today. They need to compensate with free premium apps or credit to purchase apps of your choice... because this is very troublesome and it needs to be fix like now.... @ least make a statement about the issues and let we the end users know that they are seriously working to fix it
New Contributor
CrimsonKing

If you check crackberry.com forums you'll see that it is all over with some more then others while Verizon leading the pack.
Contributor
Plunjer

Well I'm not too surprised seeing how many variants there are... STL100-1, STL100-2, STL100-3, CDMA version etc...
Some people complaining that you can't change APN settings on AT&T version, yet mine had no such limitation even before unlocking.
This leads me to think there is a certain level of customization for some providers, which begs the question as to why is this happening to some more than others, and why not with some at all.
Contributor
bluejae
My Device: blackberry z10

tmobile here

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

cgrant1201 wrote:
VZW 2 reboots today. They need to compensate with free premium apps or credit to purchase apps of your choice... because this is very troublesome and it needs to be fix like now.... @ least make a statement about the issues and let we the end users know that they are seriously working to fix it

Call Verizon tech support and get this issue ESCALATED up to BlackBerry tech support. It must be logged as an issue to get the attention from BlackBerry and quicker resolution.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
SWAT8419

Hi all,

maybe its random and single failures, but i see no/less reboots at devices with no PIN activated. The users are working with device password instead. I tested this with my device and an other admin guy, no reboots for 3-4 days till now.

Maybe someone here wanna give it a try, better than waiting & doing nothing :smileywink:

Greetz