Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: random restarts / reboots

I am with 10.1.0.4181 for almost five days now. It fixed my reboot issue. I used to get few reboots before this update. I would suggest you to reload your sw.
Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

I will 2nd the reload software idea. I was having multiple reboots every single night since initial 10.1 came out and since applying the MR I have not rebooted once.
Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

happy to report that 10.1.0.4181 is rock solid!  Faster startup, snappier response time & finally no more reboots!  Wish it had come out a lot sooner

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I have now had my initial device sent to BB for repair and then my provider exchanged my handset to no avail. Same problems keep cropping up and I continue to get the run-around.

I have called them and they tell me to contact BB. When I come to the forums, I get told to go back to my provider. This is BEYOND frustrating. Will BB not honour their product? People shouldn't have to go through so much and then end up being stuck with an unreliable device. All of this happened within 1.5 months from when I initially upgraded. There has got to be something else that can be done here. I have done everything possible to get this fixed including wipes and re-installs, repairs and new devices...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, Z10

What is the OS version on your phone? 

Solutions: 6,071
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kc1881 wrote:

I have now had my initial device sent to BB for repair and then my provider exchanged my handset to no avail. Same problems keep cropping up and I continue to get the run-around.

I have called them and they tell me to contact BB. When I come to the forums, I get told to go back to my provider. This is BEYOND frustrating. Will BB not honour their product? People shouldn't have to go through so much and then end up being stuck with an unreliable device. All of this happened within 1.5 months from when I initially upgraded. There has got to be something else that can be done here. I have done everything possible to get this fixed including wipes and re-installs, repairs and new devices...

1. Rogers is lying to you. You are PAYING them for technical support and for any issue which they cannot resolve, they are supposed to ESCALATE your issue with an incident number and phone number to BlackBerry technical support. Don't let them run you over with no help, and telling you to contact BlackBerry directly. Demand what you're paying for.

2. The random reboot issue has been resolved, unless you have some anomaly occurring on your device. Upgrade to an OS of 10.1.0.2050 or higher.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10 - User

I have done a secand exchange of my Z10. Now I have still the number STL100-2, Release 10.1.0.4181. For Now the first two days no reboot. I am really surprised because my first Z10 rebooted continously, my second rebooted even more with Releas 10.1.0.4181, now none, in next two or three weeks I know more.

If there is one random restart, sorry, that would be too much. By now - we speak again, it seems to be solid by now.

My Device: z10

Same here. I am up to ten reboots per day. What is the solution? I cannot use the phone.
Solutions: 6,071
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

unitedcnf wrote:
Same here. I am up to ten reboots per day. What is the solution? I cannot use the phone.

From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the OS Version listed there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10 - User

Hi,

at the moment it has done one reboot and on shut down. Both may be caused by myself so I have no reason to think about any other phone.

My issue seems to be solved be now, puh - hard work but it is done.

I love it.

printe