Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ahmedkheldib
My Device: z10

really disappointed

i am really disappointed with my new Z10 .. there is no appliacations like i phone and samsung galaxy .. if i knew this i wouldn't buy it with this expensive price and it's same price of i phone 5 and i phone 5 is really better than Z10 .. even the famous applications here in egypt doesn't exist in it like instagram for example and a lot of applications .. and most of applications are not free .. i phone and samsung are really good in their applications store .. i didn't expect this from my lovely mobiles brand :smileysad:

New Contributor
CyberDaeng
My Device: Z10

Re: really disappointed

New Contributor
DeborahBarker

I too am disappointed in my new z10.... so ma y issues and missing features and apps. I'm trying to be patient but it's running out. I phone may be the way to go after all
Deborah Barker
New Contributor
ahmedkheldib
My Device: z10

i hope that they are preparing a good applications store

Trusted Contributor
billbuck0
My Device: Rotary Phone

There are over 70,000 apps in Blackberry App World, but only about 1000 of them are native Blackberry apps.  The rest, are ported over from Android.  

BB10 is competing with iphone and android and let's face it, the other two platforms have a much better ecosystem than BB10.   BB10 just doesn't have the support it needs to compete.

You can expect more of this "porting of Android apps" in the future....maybe?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello billbuck0,

Where did you get those figures ?
70000 apps is false.

There are currently 100000 apps, among which 20000 are Android ports.

But it is true that currently, the BlackBerry 10 app ecosystem is the smallest, because it is the youngest (only 3 months old !).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

iphone is out dated OS, and they dont have that many more apps as 60% have never been downloaded

read more here

http://mobilenewspedia.com/60-of-app-store-applications-have-never-been-downloaded/

there are some skeptical people thinking BlackBerry is dead and the media is to blame for most of it

yes there are some apps not there but so many more are coming

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I'd like the same stat for BlackBerry World and Google Play. :smileyhappy:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Sylvestre

VW AND Z10 Compatibility problems

Not Very happy with my new Z10 and regret having purchased it. Calender bugs and I cannot connect it to my car A VW Touareg. the car bluetooth keeps telling me it is not compatible.

Blackberry after sales service in France is a nightmare . Can someone HELP me PLEEEEASE

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sylvestre, you need to call your mobile provider to begin the tech support process. Any issue which they cannot resolve they should escalate up to BlackBerry technical support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code