Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
lule
My Device: z10

reload the os system

I have been tring to reload the OS system on my bb z10 through the bblinc and from the web and the reload will never start after following every steps. any help? The red led light is flashing continously and I can not do nothing with the phone.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: reload the os system

Okay, walk us through what you've done so far.  So you plugged your phone in to Link?  Then what?

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
lule

I started with link and tried to reload from that software. I let it run for the hole night! I was able to see that it was uplaoding but it never when anywhere.

Then I removed the link program and tried it through the web to get prettymuch the same result. It just seem that I can't reformat it

Elite II
BillJ

Link is a great utility but as with BlackBerry Desktop Software before it, there are times (not often, mind you) that a reload or update will not take on the first try.  I've had this happen to me in the past.

My suggestion is to unplug your phone from your PC, wait for a minute and try your reload again.

Keep us up to date.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
lule

I tried it severals times

New Contributor
lule

Checking for blackberry software update message will keep runing and running

Elite II
BillJ

You won't get anywhere without connecting to BlackBerry Link (as you may be aware of already).  If your phone is not communicating properly with Link, you're out of luck.

When pre-BB10 phones did not connect with BlackBerry Desktop Software, I always recommended looking at this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .  Granted, it's written for legacy devices but it might be what you need here.

Give 'er a shot and keep us up to date.  :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
lule

I loaded back  blackberrylink I can see the device but when I start to reload, I get the message; initializing sofware update,  but it never goes beyond that.

I read the article, looks really similar to the procedure going through the web. Again cannot go beyong thesoware update.

Doing through the reload with the web method, it is asking me the device password (it used to be enable). What would happens if i missed all the ten attemp? Would it reload itself automatically?

Thanks