Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
chidybangz
My Device: Blackberry z10

removing facebook contacts from my blackberry contacts

I get how to turn off my facebook contacts from showing up in my contacts, however they still appear when I go to send a text and access my contacts this way. Is there a was to stop my facebook contacts from showing up here? Please help

Contributor
foxforce5
My Device: Z10

Re: removing facebook contacts from my blackberry contacts

I am annoyed with the same problem.  It's useless to have all FB freinds come up as contacts when composing text messages. I've also turned off my facebook account from showing up in my contacts.

Hoping this can be fixed.

ul4e

I have the exact same issue when trying to compose a text message.  My contact list is just fine but when I try to text, all my fb contacts show up.  Did you find a fix?

Contributor
foxforce5

No...there appears to be no way to change this.  I actually no longer have my Z10, I swapped it for a S3.

Contributor
foxforce5

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Facebook-Contacts-Showing-up-in-SMS-composer-Z...

have a look at this thread...it gives some helpful tips but the fix was not permanent for me

Good luck

New Contributor
docdenbow
My Device: Playbook & Q5

The only way I have work this out is to delete the Facebook account and ignore the app. 

If you need FB then go via a web browser and that will sort it out, at least it did for me on a Q5

:Eek:

Not the best solution but it does work