Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
cschade
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

retrieve old *.blackberry.net emails on BB10

with my old BB phone i was heavily using my *.blackberry.net email address as my main email, which looking back was a big mistake.  With my new BB Z10 i have now lost those years of important emails since there doesn't seem to be any way to have access to them, other than carrying around a 2nd phone with all those emails loaded on.

seeing as BIS is now dead on BB10, and there is no way to retrieve those emails through a webmail type login, is there any other options?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,851
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: retrieve old *.blackberry.net emails on BB10

Read this for assitance on your question:

Article ID: KB33260 BlackBerry (hosted) email address forwarding for BlackBerry 10

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cschade

Thanks for the quick reply.  But that wasn't what i was after.  I've already set up the forwarding so i catch any future emails to that old address.

But my question was, how can i still have access to my many years worth of OLD emails on that blackberry.net email address.   Whenever i used to update devices and do the Device switch wizard, it would simply copy over all my old emails from that account.  But with the new BB10, support for that email address is now dead and i fear all those emails are dead with it.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,851
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Not that I know of... You've never had an archive of the mails except on the device itself. I've been begging people to wean off those email accounts for years, they're worthless for longevity and if you ever changed carriers you'd lose them all anyway.

IF you have a previous backup of your old device using Desktop manager in an IPD or BBB file format:

There are a couple of options for extracting and viewing data from a the backup files.

1. The IPD Parse macro is designed to read a Blackberry IPD file and create reports in MSWord or MSExcel. It is free, and you can find out more here: https://sites.google.com/site/ipdparse/home
For .bbb backup files, use this macro to extract seven "primary" IPD files (Address Book, Calendar, SMS Messages, Tasks, Memos, PIN Messages and Phone Call Logs)
IPD bbb Extract macro https://sites.google.com/site/ipdbbbextract
These IPD files can subsequently be used as inputs to the other macro, IPD Parse, to produce reports.

2. Another options is MagicBerry from MenaStep... which extract from a backup IPD or BBB file, split IPD files, etc. http://menastep.com/pages/magicberry.php

3. Another IPD and BBB file utility is BlackBerry Backup Extractor, and is available for PC and Mac, and can be found here: http://www.blackberryconverter.com/ There is a free and paid version.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cschade