Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
johanna1888
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

sms icon deleted and unable to retrieve

Hi I have tried to follow advice given to retrieve my sms icon, which I accidentally deleted 

I am not very good with phones and following instructions anyone that can help me please could it be a step by step guide to resolve it please 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: sms icon deleted and unable to retrieve

If you reload the OS to your  phone using BlackBerry Link, you'll regain your SMS icon.

To do this, plug your phone in to your PC and open Link. Once your phone has been recognized, click your phone's name in the left margin then click Backup and Restore. On the next page, click Restore to restore your phone with a recent data backup. If you haven't done any backups, once you're at Backup and Restore, click Backup instead and do a backup. Once that has completed, which will be a while, go back and follow my directions to load that backup to your phone. That will restore your icon.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johanna1888

Thanks I will that as soon as I can get near a pc and i will follow what you said

Thank you very much 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johanna1888

Hi

I tried all the things that you told me and it didn't work do you have any suggestions that I could try again please 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10

Can you still access your text msgs thru the Hub?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johanna1888

Hi 

Yes I can still get them.thru the hub, thankfully its just that I would really love to have the short cut back 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10

johanna1888 wrote:

Hi 

Yes I can still get them.thru the hub, thankfully its just that I would really love to have the short cut back 

Well.....sorry to say but I think you are out of luck.

If the icon has a little "garbage" bin on its top right corner, means that the icon can be deleted.

In your case, deleting the "Text Message" icon is non reversable. The only way you can get it back is by doing an OS upgrade that will restore the icon.

It may seem as an BlackBerry issue but the idea behind it is that you`ll have a less cluttered home screen and all conversations / messages are viewd from the Hub. For the same reason you don`t have an icon from each individual email account.... they are all in the Hub.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johanna1888

Hi

thats a pity , but thanks so much for the info its greatly appreciated 

best wishes 

Please use plain text.