Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
LilKamisen
My Device: Z10

software update available, and again, and again...

Hi,

I updated the Z10 to the latest version using Link. Then I removed softwares I do not wish to use (Facebook, Linkedin, Dropbox...). Now everytime I connect to Link or go to the 'Software update' menu the same OS update is shown as available. When I click it, it installs and the above mentioned apps are back.

Should I just leave those useless (to me) apps to be notified of real updates?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: software update available, and again, and again...

The Z10 will offer you two types of updates.  1- Software Updates and 2- Application Updates.  If you update your software then delete some apps, you'll get a notification to update (or in this case, reinstall) those apps.  This is done as an Applications Update.

If you've updated your software and you're happy with the performance, just ignore those Application Updates until the next Software Update comes your way.

I'm not sure if you can tell the difference between the two when viewing an update with Link.  To properly see which update is being offered, you might have to swipe down on your phone's homescreen and select Settings>Software Updates.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
LilKamisen

I got an application update for a specific app. It was crystal clear and I took the update. Are avery app update shown the same way?

However:

- when accessing the phone's settings and then 'software updates' I see the OS 10.0.10.99 update... which is the exact version I already installed

- if I remove an app because it is no use for me, I do not expect that app to be shown in any update, nor reinstalled on the next OS update

So my guess is that by removing a default app from the device, the "OS" is not exactly the same as the one provided in the update thus I get the update offer. That looks weird to me if I am right...

Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

this maybe something BlackBerry can iron out in future OS updates, however, as been mentioned. If you delete any pre-installed apps from the devices, Then BB Link, will see your device does not have the full OS that was released, as said just ignor this and hopfully it will be sorted out in the future
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

[ Edited ]

This was also the case with the first PlayBook OS and as far as I remember they fixed this after a while. Looks like they made the same error again :smileysad:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
New Contributor
LilKamisen

That is the only purpose of this post: help determine if I am not alone thinking of this as a bug and hope for a fix.

thank you for your replies.