Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Nit_17
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

stop automatic attachment download

[ Edited ]

does anyone knows how to stop auto download of email attachments as due to this in the last two days whilst roaming abroad I have incurred chrages of around £500 - earlier evrsions of BB was safe and was aksing whether you want to open / download attachments. I have already turned off download images automatically in blackberry hub - display and actions, before going abroad. upon speaking with my carrier I learnt that this a Blackberry issue and Blackberry is looking for solutions, though who would pick my bill......upon speaking with the technical team of carrier VODAFONE I had been advised to ask my contacts not to send emials with attachments - I am a business user and receive hundreds of mails from various people ... this is absolutely impossible for me to raexh out all and ask them to stop emails with attachments.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: stop automatic attachment download

This feature is not available on the z10.. It would be nice to put an option to not to download large attachements.. I have a large data plan with my provider, so it doesn't affect me and I also recieve large files for my work. Most mail servers would not allow files greater than 5mb attachment, I have  set mine to 20mb on the server.. Lets see if the new version of the OS comming soon would also include this option, I understand your needs.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
graemelsmith
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Having just received my Z10 which I love the whole issue of data roaming is an important one for me. The old Blackberry data plans are not available and so I am keen to ensure my regular business trips don't incur huge costs as mentioned earlier in this thread. I hope this can be addressed.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Not the ultimate solution, but you can turn data services off while roaming and use Wifi to pull in your emails when it is available... this will at least keep you from having any massive roaming bills until this is sorted out.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nit_17
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for your suggestion, which i have done already, though this is not the solution whilst travelling abroad and unable to see mails when outside the wifi.... also noticed that emails are not coming through push as previous versions of BB

Please use plain text.
Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: 3

On browsing on my phone to turn off the 'show filed messages' option, I've found this. Although it only stops automatic download of images, it will be of some help especially when you're abroad.

To do this:

1. Go to Hub and bring up the advanced menu (ie tap the 3 dot icon on the bottom right corner of your screen_

2. Go to Settings

3. Go to Display and Actions

4. Under 'Download Images Automatically', switch to Off

Please use plain text.