Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
yasserhy
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE
Accepted Solution

stuck inside the camera!

On the blackberry z10, sometimes you can't exit the camera.. for some reason the swipe doesn't do anything and you're stuck there. The only way to get out is by clicking on the picture album and then slide out from there!

BlackBerry z10 is full of bugs!!!!
Yasser Youssef
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: stuck inside the camera!

[ Edited ]

Yasser, (edited)

To exit ANY app, simply swipe up from the bottom of your screen, if you have rotated the device (which you have probably done in the camera) the bottom of your device moves, get it?

If you flip your device to the left the Blackberry logo is no longer the bottom the "left side" of the device is now the bottom.

Try it. it works, every time for me.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yasserhy

[ Edited ]

(edited)
Now, I have already said that the swipe is not working and I do know how to use it(Edited)

Of course you should always swipe from down up towards the logo(edited)

Yasser Youssef
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

is this when in landscape mode?

if yes some apps need a swipe from side (bottom of phone)  to close them

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

yasserhy wrote:
I don't think it's any of your **bleep** business how much I complain.. the phone is full of bugs and I have the right to report whatever I want! If you don't like it, stop reading my posts.

Now, I have already said that the swipe is not working and I do know how to use it I not a Newby like u

Of course you should always swipe from down up towards the logo, it took u a while to figure that out? Waw

Plz, if u have something useful to say, say it. Otherwise, Plz move on

Nice post (edited), really like the "Bleeped" out language. :smileywink: I'll feed you, you are obviously hungry... :ROTFL:

If you can't see it from my posts I am actually trying to help you, so please open your mind and open your eyes and read and learn.

You clearly do not know how the gesture works judging by your post. You do not need to swipe from "down up towards the logo", which is EXACTLY why you are having issues. :smileyhappy:

Swipe from the bezel at the BOTTOM of the device (whichever side that happens to be in your current orentation) straight UP on to the screen. This WILL take you out of the camera in any orentation. It works every time for me, and probably everyone else in the entire universe that is using the gesture properly.

The only way that this won't work is if you have the orientation lock turned on, in which case the bottom of the device will be whereever the bottom was when you set the orientation lock.

FWIW... The only thing I am a newby at is being number one on the list of likes for this forum folder.. lol.

I hope that you do take the time to read this and that it gets the gesture working for you.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yasserhy

[ Edited ]

I know how gestures work.. i was not concentrating while I was typing.. so, that subject is closed... There is a bug in the phone camera and that's it.

(edited)

Yasser Youssef
Please use plain text.
matthewyongkim
My Device: na
My Carrier: verizon

Hey everyone. Let's all stay on topic and help answer the question was originally addressed. Thanks!~

Please use plain text.