Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: text message problem after 10.2.1 update

Any word from BB yet on Twitter??

My Device: Q10 10.2.1
My Carrier: Rogers

I have this exact problem. Unbelievably annoying as I have no idea when I have received a new text, have to continuously check the hub manually. 

Any updates or links to threads that cover this same issue would be helpful.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: orange uk

No news from BlackBerry yet :-/
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 7152167428

Okay, I finally got mine working!!!

Here is what I did.  I downloaded the blackberry link software on my desktop, and then backed up my phone entirely on there.  I then did an entire wipe of my phone.  Once that was done it rebooted and said their was an update to 10.2 and I did that.  

Once it finally came back up I went through the initial set up of the phone and then did a restore to put my old data back on the phone.  All I really had to do was put in my passwords and it took care of the rest!!!

It takes awhile for it to sync your contacts and messages back and link the names to the numbers.  But then I went to the text messages hub and there I saw my messages starting to appear!!!

Mine is still syncing totally now because there is a ton of data to sync!!! You do have to be patient with the process!!!  I wish you all luck and hope you are as successful as I was!!!

New Contributor

Thank u so much for that I'm gna giv it a try later. How do you wipe the phone?
New Contributor
My Carrier: 7152167428

You have to download blackberry link, this will allow you to back up your phone prior to wiping it. Once you download the software and hook your phone to the computer you will go to the backup button. This will take awhile but it saves all of your settings photos and such. Then there is a button to hit on that software that will allow you to wipe the phone to factory settings. It will ask if you are sure, and a prompt on the phone comes up, once you accept it will begin the wipe, you will want to keep your phone plugged in and it takes about an hour. Once it is done you will have to go through some prompts just like when you bought the phone. It will ask you to update to 10.2 once that is all done. Hook back up to your computer and then in the link software there is a restore option. This will take what you saved.and restore it to your phone.  

If my process doesn't make sense blackberry has a bunch of tutorials to show you how. Your phone will start to sync your contacts once you out in your passwords for whatever things you use Facebook Twitter and such. If you don't see anything in the hub right away don't worry mine took about 10 minutes to start putting things where they belong.   Good luck hope that helps!!

New Contributor

Thanks a lot that was really helpful, thank you
My Carrier: Bell

My Z10 has the exact same problem. I completed the update about 2 or 3 weeks ago and found this problem right away. I have tried to live with it until a new update comes out, however its just getting to be too much.

I cannot complete the backup device option because of administrator settings.

It should not fall on the responsibility of the user to fix this problem. There is no reason that Blackberry cannot put out an update to fix this.

If I want to fix this myself, I would have to mannually copy out all the contact info (over 1000 contacts) and then reset my phone. Once I reset it, our IT department would have to set up my phone again to have the work profile as well as set it up so it works as a hard drive.  All of these things take time and money. We pay a lot of money for these devices. Why can't Blackberry come up with a solution on their end?

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 - SQN100-3
My Carrier: FONIC

[ Edited ]

*edit: posted before noticed the second page*

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: DU

Hi, EVEN I AM FACING SAME ISSUE, PLEASE HELP ON THIS SIRRRRRRRRRRR

laurz89 wrote:
I updated to 10.2.1 and I now receive no visual or sound notification for my text messages, they also only appear in the main hub not in the separate account for text messages it just says no entries in this view, can someone pleaseee help its driving me crazy, I've done a battery pull numerous times even disabled Facebook and Twitter notifications as I've seen in another post but nothings working,i really need help as I have no idea when I receive a text unless I go into the hub