Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
foxforce5
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: telus

texting contacts (1)-removing FB etc from list (2)-composing by first name

I have unlinked all contacts from FB, have turned off all accounts to be listed under contacts, and yet when I compose a text message my FB contacts (& email contacts) still come up as options.  These FB contacts really need to go away! (I dont have twitter or other account apps so I don't have to worry about those contacts). 

Also, why can't I compose texts by entering a persons first name.  I enter "M" waiting for a list of contacts whose names start with 'M' yet I get some "S" contacts followed by "H" contacts, etc, and scrolling way down finally SOME of the "m" contacts are listed....but now are listed with all the FB contacts! When text composing some of the contacts listed when I enter "M" dont even have an M in their first or last name.  Makes no sense and it's annoying.  Yes I need to type in the person's entire name to find the contact. 

any suggestions? TIA

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: texting contacts (1)-removing FB etc from list (2)-composing by first name

Hey foxforce5,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

With the Facebook contacts turned off, if you restart the BlackBerry Z10 and try to compose an SMS message, do the contacts still appear?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
foxforce5
My Carrier: telus

Hi ViciousFerret

I have turned off the FB contacts and restarted my Z10 by powering off the phone and also doing a battery pop.  But the same problem still exists...when I compose sms msgs my FB contacts still appear (but only some FB contacts, not all).

Then only time I can prevent FB contacts from appearing when composing a text is by deleting my entire Facebook account.

thanks for your reply :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prigden
My Carrier: Rogers

Same problem is happening to me.  It would be extremely beneficial to select which set of contacts I'd like to draw from when sending messages in hub.  Hell, I'd prefer when I click text message, that only phone contacts in my contacts book pop up.

Please use plain text.