Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
JessicaB
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

thinking of buying a Z10

Questions I have about Z10 before I buy:

-I've heard that the security is better than Androids and iPhone. Also that more malware is being developed for Androids. Is this true? I want to use a new device for all kinds of things, including banking.

-I use a MacBook Pro at home. Can I load a Blackberry desktop program to that? Having had a Bold stolen once before, I'm hoping to keep a new device synched to my home computer.

-I have a Bold 9000 - can I transfer existing contacts etc to a new Z10 easily?

Basically, I'm looking to be convinced. I'm close!  Thanks.

Contributor
titusm47
My Device: BB Z10

Re: thinking of buying a Z10

If I were you, I will wait until they fix their kinks. On the contacts, it is ridiculous that you cannot arrange it by last name first.  Also, on the emails, once you erase the one on the handheld, it will also erase the one on the PC.  The older 9800 Torch does not have these issues.

Unbelievable but nobody can tell you if they are working on this.  I might return mine before the 14 day trial.

Good luck.

New Contributor
JessicaB

Thanks for the reply.

If you returned yours, what would you get instead?  Does security concern you?

titusm47 wrote:

Also, on the emails, once you erase the one on the handheld, it will also erase the one on the PC.

Does that mean that you no longer have the option of just deleting from the handset and not from, say, hotmail itself?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

JessicaB wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

If you returned yours, what would you get instead?  Does security concern you?

titusm47 wrote:

Also, on the emails, once you erase the one on the handheld, it will also erase the one on the PC.

Does that mean that you no longer have the option of just deleting from the handset and not from, say, hotmail itself?

Correct, it has a full email client on it

Gmail on Z10 will send it to deleted folder for example.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
titusm47

Thinking of getting a Samsung instead.  Again, i I find it ridiculous looking at my contacts all with the first names first.

Also on the emails, since I am flooded with office communciations, I would like to take them off my handheld without erasing them on my PC.  They should have broguht these good apps from the 9800 Torch.

I do not see any issues on the security.

Good luck.

New Contributor
JessicaB

titusm47 wrote:

Also on the emails, since I am flooded with office communciations, I would like to take them off my handheld without erasing them on my PC.

That's a real problem for me too.  Reconsidering now.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

JessicaB wrote:

titusm47 wrote:

Also on the emails, since I am flooded with office communciations, I would like to take them off my handheld without erasing them on my PC.

That's a real problem for me too.  Reconsidering now.

using a mailbox rule you can have them sent to a different folder to keep mailbox cleaner

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
titusm47

DO NOT BUY!  To my mind this is no better than the cheap phones!

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Bit sure what you mean when you say you can on sort your contacts by first name only. You have three options, sort by first name, last name or company name.
Contributor
titusm47

No matter how you do it it is still the first names that appear first.  Tech is working on it but no assurance when they can fix this.

Have you physically checked  ont his?  You will be frustrated.