Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
kishen-bangkok
My Device: z10
My Carrier: ais

unable to make international calls

bb z10 10.1 is unable to make international call with a different prefix. it can only be used for making calls using a + sign. in thailand all mobile oppperators have confirmed that 00, 005, 009 or any other dialing code cannot be used. bb 10 will add a prefix that cannot be changed. even bb thailand does not how to fix the problem. as per the network provider, itis an os issue. 

if u guys have a way to solve it please let me know else please take the set back. 

regards

kishen

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kishen-bangkok

Re: unable to make international calls

hi every one

i have discussed the matter with the service providers. i have been told that the bb10 adds number in the prefix of the phone which will not apear on the tel screen. therefore making the number that your are trying to call wrong. there is no way that you can change this. this is os issue. 

the result is that the phone canot be used to make international calls using any other prefix accept "+". you cannot take advantage of cheaper calling options provided by the network in many parts of asia. therefore if you decide to use bb10 you will have a masive international calling bill. cannot there is no other way to call.

untill now even bb does not have a solution to this problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kishen-bangkok

Re: unable to make international calls

hi guys at bb & rim

request you to kindly solve the problem of buy back the set. 

hope to get an answer from u soon

Please use plain text.