Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Globe
Accepted Solution

unable to use a different email to respond @bbz10

Coming from BB9900, I am able to respond to an email by forwarding that particular email and just change the email I wish to use to respond to. With the bbz10 I can't seem to.

I have 2 gmail account and one company email address, unfortunately our company email can receive from a yahoo email but unable to respond back, yahoo kicks it out somehow. That's why I normally forward it and use my gmail to reply back it with. Any suggestions?
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: unable to use a different email to respond @bbz10

Hello,

I'm not quite sure I understand. Are you attempting to change the destination email address of an email to which you simply "reply"? Or are you wanting to change the outbound email account that your reply (or forward) is using? Or perhaps something else?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Using the BB9900 I can reply to an email by using another email address using "Forward". It gives men the option from the top that I can use to reply using what email address.

I currently have three email accounts, one for each business and one personal gmail account. Business one email account is of our own domain, and unfortunately when I receive an email from yahoo sender, I need to use the forward function to reply back to using my personal gmail account because if I use that business email(own domain) it bounces as yahoo treats our domain as spam.

With BlackBerry 10 I don't see that function. :smileysad:
Hall of Famer II

OK...so it is the "From" information you wish to change when you reply/forward an item that you have received on your Z10. You are correct...that action is not presently available.

The only workaround I can think of for you is to first forward it to yourself -- to the account you wish it to (eventually) be "from", and then re-forward again after it arrives to that account on your Z10.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

The work around and suggestion I guess is workable. Appreciate the suggestions.

Btw, would you know why when I receive SMS and I wish to forward that message to an email it has none of that option unlike BB9900. It does have a Share option but makes that sms message as txt file attachment instead. I love the way BB9900 has done it as it actually forwards including the mobile number of the sender so I can forward it to my staff. Would you have any better suggestion or workaround? Thanks again.
Hall of Famer II

spykecichlid wrote:
The work around and suggestion I guess is workable. Appreciate the suggestions.

You are welcome.

spykecichlid wrote:

Btw, would you know why when I receive SMS and I wish to forward that message to an email it has none of that option unlike BB9900. It does have a Share option but makes that sms message as txt file attachment instead. I love the way BB9900 has done it as it actually forwards including the mobile number of the sender so I can forward it to my staff. Would you have any better suggestion or workaround? Thanks again.

Nope...sorry. That's just not something I ever had need of doing.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

This doesn't work for Cogeco as I can only send an email when on my home network.  I have seen a video post on Crackberry from Feb 2013 where you can pull down from the send email to change email account but now that option seems to have been removed.

Please let me know if there is another option or a setting I need to change to allow this.

Regards,

Jay