Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
scott0121
My Device: curve 9360

updates and app upgrades

I have got an upgrade for the crackberry App, but for some reason it's not updating the App so I then tried to download another App. And even a bog standard game but I can't do either it says it's doing it but when I check on the update its only saying ( update pending) I've tried everything from turning my wife of and even turning my mobile data off and switching the phone off and off again but to no avail, is there anything I can do or do I need to take the phone into the shop to get looked at, any ideas friends? Please help.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: updates and app upgrades

scott0121 wrote:
 I've tried everything from turning my wife of(f)......

That probably won't help things.  :smileywink:

OK, enough of my silliness.  Try removing your battery while your phone is powered on then pop it back in again.

Give 'er a shot and post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Oh, if that doesn't work then go to BlackBerry World, get to the My World icon, press your menu key and select Refresh List.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
scott0121
My Device: curve 9360

I've just tried pulling the battery and nothing happened, so I've just tried refreshing the list and the blue circle is just going round and round but doing nothing important, I've got no other choice but to take it in to the shop have i.
Contributor
mwineBB
My Device: Z10

Having the same issue with the upgrade of a different app.  On the Update the circle continues for awhile.  When it completes, there are no changes to the app (which indicated there would be visual changes).  There is no Info or About for this app so I have no idea if has changed (an inadeqacy of the app).  When I go back to BB World, the same upate is waiting to be prompted.  This was also a paid app, so I find it a little irksome that it's this much work.  Anybody?