Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10
Accepted Solution

vibrate only still has sounds

I just updated my OS to the latest one today and am still having this problem. My phone still makes sounds in vibrate only mode. In vibrate only, the vibrate button us greyed out in the off position so u can't turn it in at all. Help!
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: vibrate only still has sounds

Double check your settings. Under settings, select notifications, click on mode and select Vibrate Only, make sure sound is on the off position and only vibrate and Led is on.

IMG_00000093.png

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Arsen is correct that this is the way to go into Vibrate mode, however one thing to watch out for is:

Setting phone to modes other than silent or normal can overridden by turning the volume down too far.

To repeat this issue do this:

1. Set phone to any mode other than normal or silent, vibrate for instance.
  2. Turn down the volume using the side volume buttons until the phone vibrates, this is a different way to turn the phone into silent mode. (You will see the silent mode indicator shown in the image below pop up.)
  3. Now you will notice the phone is set to 'Silent Mode' and no longer in "Vibrate Mode."
  4. Turn the volume up one notch, the phone will vibrate once and you will be back to "Normal Mode" and you will be hearing notifications.

Silent Mode.png

The phone does not seem to remember what mode you had set prior to going into silent mode with the volume keys. I wish they would simply get rid of the volume key 'silent mode' switch.. it is simply unnecessary (easily achieved by tapping notification icon on main menu bar)

I learned this on a major motion picture set, where phones must always be quiet.. lest you ruin a very expensive stunt or piss off a very expensive actor or director... moments before my phone rang.. :smileywink:

This may not be the same issue you are experiencing, but it may be related, so I thought I should point it out. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor

Thanks for the replies so far.  The vibrate button is essentially stuck in the OFF position, and no matter how much I tap on it, because it is greyed out, it will not switch to ON.  I installed the latest updates last night and have also tried numerous battery pulls to no avail.  Help!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Based on your screen shot above, your settings are the opposite , In vibrate mode it should have it as sound off and vibrate on.. The only thing left to do is do a system restore and start from scratch, this will also pull the latest updates.  Something changed that setting and if its greyed out, then an app could be locking it. 

Contributor

I will try the system restore and see what happens. This probably will fix it as I do remember it working properly when I first got the phone.
Contributor

By system restore, you mean the security wipe?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yes. Make a backup first, though, just in case.

And I just have to ask...have you pulled the battery to reboot the device?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

So I am in the process right now of restoring my z10.  I did a security wipe, and it fixed the vibrate only issue!  Now, interestingly, after that happened, I did a restore from the last backup file and it caused the vibrate only issue to happen again.  So something in my app data or settings must be messing things up.  I might just have to do another security wipe and start from afresh.

Contributor

Well the security wipe worked!  Had to re-enter some settings and contacts, but now it's working.  Thanks everyone!