Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: voice feedback - Voice Control: FAIL

Really appreciate the name calling. That's mature. I see what you're referring to now but I'm done helping here.

Good luck. BlackBerry doesn't actively monitor this forum other than keeping it up and running. Contact your carrier if you experience problems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10(STL100-1) Z30(STA100-2)
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Read what John said clearly.its a BlackBerry not an Iphone.dude didnt get his forum rank for saying useless advice.

sent from my IMBA BlackBerry Smartphone
Trusted Contributor

This was just an EXAMPLE from John explaining voice control,NOT explaining about BBM.

I just tried it. I said "BBM <my wife's name> How are you?" It filled in the BBM message. Then I simply said "Send." Didn't have to touch it.

Trusted Contributor

I just tried voice control (Z10 + Jabra Supreme) hold mute on Z10 and voice control talks through Jabra.if you said you cant touch the phone at all while driving,get an assistant.
Trusted Contributor

Try this maybe it might help.go to voice control in settings.voice recognition mode.choose FULL VOICE RECOGNITION.as for voice control not being able to talk through the bluetooth headset,maybe the headset doesnt support voice control.I tried voice control with Jabra Supreme version a4.25.0 and it worked perfectly.speech was crystal clear.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I've duplicated the problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor

John,what do you mean youve duplicated the problem? :Whistling:

Guru I

It works if you change it to "voice dialing only" in Settings. However, for full voice commands I have the same problem. My voice feedback was initially set to "never" in the Settings so never heard it. When I changed it to "Always" It's super faint and can only be heard if you hold the bottom speaker to your ear. The times I've used it I just say the commands and the device did what I needed. I didn't even notice the voice feedback was gone. As good as it was working it seemed like it was supposed to be that way.

I was trying to help until the OP decided to name-call and insult instead.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

John, for most of us, we need the audible feedback to ensure we're getting the correct response and prompt for the next step.  We shouldn't have to "guess" about it.  It is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Guru I

dmcgan wrote:

John, for most of us, we need the audible feedback to ensure we're getting the correct response and prompt for the next step.  We shouldn't have to "guess" about it.  It is a bug that needs to be fixed.

I agree.  It's being worked on.  I've no idea whether it can be fixed easily or if we'll just see a KB article that says no resolution has been found.