Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

voicemail on z10

[ Edited ]

I am new to blackberry and just switched over from android and I have 2 questions that  were not  solved after speaking to Verizon support:

1) there does not seem to be a way to add your pin for voice- mail, I see the option in settings but this does not work. The drop down has a grayed  out box (which is blank) for a phone number and then below is the password or pin box which takes my pin but does not add to the phone number. From the keypad  when you press and hold 1 you still get voice prompt for you pin.....,

2)the voice search is a nice feature but there dosnt seem to be a voice search option for the maps. this is a great feature on google maps especially when you are driving and looking for a paricular place but don't have the address.

these 2 items are a big oversight as far as usability is concerned and hopefully addressed in a near future update......

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: voicemail on z10

Hi Speedial,

The voicemail being greyout is your carrier. I had the same issue with bell in Canada. You can have them raise the issue with Blackberry support and they can work it out with Virizon to activate the feature.

As a simple solution you can do is go into your voicemail administrative options , there is an option to turn off password. This way when it dials the number , it doesn't need a password to listen to your messages. Don't worry no one can access you voicemail from another phone.

Another solution is to create a contact on your addressbook called voicemail2 and there you can enter the pauses and password and add this as a speedial.

The voice search is not currently available in the blackberry map. Not sure if the 3rd party google maps have it , but I thought I saw one in the Blackberry world.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: verizon

Re: voicemail on z10

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply,

Verizon said they will check into it so hopefully they will work it out, Verizon took the longest to test the z10 and this just seemed an obvious feature to get right.

2nd point I have sideloaded Google maps and the voice feature is missing from it. The Google paid app from blackberry world has really bad reviews and has a fee. I can tell you that on my z10 I thought it would work but the GPS does not stay locked on so it is pretty much useless from my eperience

After using bb10 for 2 days now I really do like the work flow much better than android, I had a problem with not having a home page at the start with fixed shortcuts to access when you unlock the phone , well its so simple that you just return to your home page or whatever page  you want  before you lock phone so when you unlock the phone again you end up wherever you were last and thus have quick access to what you need   ......They just need to fix some of the bugs and its near perfect