Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: globe
Accepted Solution

weak signal after latest OS release

I just updated my OS (10.1.0.4181) a few days ago. I noticed abnormalities then. First, signal of my phone has becoming weak. I can't access the internet as fast as i had before the upgrade. Next, my bbm notification alert keeps on lighting even though there is no incoming message. I tried turning off bbm in the hub management setting, but it's still lighting.

Please do something on this. I enjoyed my fast browsing and chats so much before the upgrade. But now i have to wait for my message to be delivered for several minutes. Smiley Sad(
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: weak signal after latest OS release

Hello jakz,

I would to suggest to try clearing the Browser cache and then re-insert the battery, Open the Browser> Select the Menu (3 dots)> Select Privacy and Security> Clear Cookies and Other Data.

In regards to your BBM, when you go into the Hub does it display a red star next to BBM but no new notifications?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes, there's a star ALWAYS. And there are no entries to view. I already turned off the BBM in the hub management.

Thank you for your advice.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hi jakz,

When you re-insert the battery are the notifications still displayed in the Hub, and is this only happening with BBM messages in the Hub? 

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Thanks for the advises. I took off the batt and re-insert it. The notification alerts are no longer lighting. Thumbs up!