Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
BeamRider47
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

weird microphone probs with Z10

Hi there,

as already said as part of another post:

I´m having (also) trouble with my Z10 built in microphone.

Audiorecording works fine and crispy clear, so I can assume the mic is just working, but when it comes to phone functionalities, this is where the weird behaviour starts!

Initiating or answering phones directly in "handset" mode is no problem, but the mic is muted some how!

Whe I switch to hands-free-speaker, my voice is directly loud and crystal clear again. When putting it back to handset mode, turning the speaker off, the mic immediately becomes muted again.

Connecting a bluetooth headset (bose BT 002) or the factory issued speakerphones "re-connects" the mic directly again, loud, crisp and crystal clear.

unplugging/unpairing these devices results in "strike" from the mic.

I already took the battery out for several minutes, deactivated my alarm settings and unchecked the "automatic pair" checkbox in bluetooth, but it all had no effect so far!

Since I use my Z10 also and mainly for business, this is pretty awkward

PLZ anybody...HELP ME

THX

Paddy

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: weird microphone probs with Z10

Hey BeamRider47,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

We are going to need to gather some logs from the BlackBerry Z10.  I would suggest you contact your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry.

This will help us find the root cause of the microphone issue.

I appreciate your patience.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
BeamRider47

well, uhm...2 be honest, I don´t know how to initiate THAT here in Germany at T-Mobile. Especially not, since I did not buy a phone directly from the Provider, due to the fact that my old iPhone 4S was out of warranty, was defected and I still weren´t up for a contract extention...therefore T-Mo will say: Not our monkeys, not our circus! (had this issue some time ago with another device and contract)

what about the statement Charan gave?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Microphone-on-Z10/m-p/2344657/highlight/false#...

I don´´t have the time to work myself through the provider-task forces, neither can I afford to have phone issues like that, due to the fact that I am self employed and use and need this phone for my business...

So please, if You have knowledge of hardware issues, tell me right away, becuase then I will have to return that phone and have it replaced

Thx a lot

Paddy

Contributor
ststere

Hy,

I have exactly the same problem. Brand new Z10, 5 days of functioning. Suddenly this microphone problem appeared. Interlocutor can only hear me if I am on speakerphone. Other microphone only makes a weird sound.

It doesn't matter if I make the call or I am called. Any suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: z10

My Z10 has now developed the same kind of microphone problem. People keep saying there is a poor connection when I know there is good network signal strength. Looking across the forums this appears to be a hardware problem but no one at Blackberry is offering an answer.That's poor customer support. 

Contributor
BeamRider47

Since my Initial post is quite old, I will just give You a brief update on what had to be done:
-device was replaced by amazon ;-))

But seriously, I found some similar post referring to that problem and all the Z10's had the same issue as mentioned above.
I don't know the exact reason, but somehow it seemed to be a hardware issue.
I tried everything with the software and firmware, but finally I had to send it in and get a brand new one, that works fine
New Contributor
My Device: z10

Thanks. Insight appreciated.
Contributor
BeamRider47

You're welcome ;-)