Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
azolivas
My Device: Z10

Re: what happened to delete emails on handset only?

i tried to file the emails and they still wound up disappearing!  i lost a few important emails! 

Forums Advisor III
drewread

[ Edited ]

If you filed them then they are filed, not deleted. :smileywink:

Where did you file them? You can bring up your folders list by tapping on the blue bar at the top of your hub or email accounts.

Make sure to turn on synchronisation for those folders on your other clients if they aren't already setup to synchronise all. :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
azolivas

how to do you select to not show filed emails in the hub?

Forums Advisor III
drewread

In hub, yap overflow menu (vertical ...), click settings, click displays and actions, turn off display filed messages. :smileywink:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Incaman

I have to agree with previous posters.  I have upgraded from Curve to Z10 and have just lost a load of emails by assuming the delete option only applied to the handset (in the absence of an option icon).  There is no way that filing instead of "delete from handset" is progress, so the question really is - when is there going to be an update to provide what is a logical and necessary facility?

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Incaman wrote:

I have to agree with previous posters.  I have upgraded from Curve to Z10 and have just lost a load of emails by assuming the delete option only applied to the handset (in the absence of an option icon).  There is no way that filing instead of "delete from handset" is progress, so the question really is - when is there going to be an update to provide what is a logical and necessary facility?

The BB10 devices are working directly on the server, so you do not have any of the e-mail messages on the device, therefore you can not delete on the device, when you delete you now delete on the server, which makes the management of the e-mail messages more efficient and faster, you do not need to go back to your desktop to erase a message for a second time any more, you just do it once, the same if you want to file it, it is done directly on the server and does not require to be done twice

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin