Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Ross78
My Device: bb Z10
My Carrier: safaricom

Re: whatsapp messenger and blackberry protect app for z10

HI

I too regret upgrate to Z10! I live in Kenya and here the mobile network doesnt support the Z10. Why lounching a new phone is we cant use at its full capacity. My friends with Iphone and Semsung are on the other hand very happy

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zamathuli
My Device: blackberryZ10
My Carrier: mtn

I feel your pain Ross, on the positive I went to upgrade the software and whatsapp was able to be setup, it's still not to if full capacity, u can chat but u don't have the option to block numbers or to setup own photo, I hope they will still upgrade the software
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ross78

thanks :smileyhappy: how did u upgrade the software? you connected to blackberry link? sorry the question may sound silly to you but am just a  user and not too much of an expert

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
valentsh
My Device: z10
My Carrier: cell c

you just go to settings and select the software update option. the phone will then check for available updates and give you the option to download it

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zamathuli

I'm glad u found my response usefull, I too am just a user and don't know much ant techno stuff, but with this Z10, I had to teach myself stuff, to answer your question, unlike the other BlackBerry phones where u could do it yourself, we'll I don't have a laptop so I went to the BlackBerry shop, they upgraded the software, and that's when whatsapp was able to be stored on my fone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ross78

done that and says i have the latest software 10.0.9.2372. i try to download whatspp from browser but sending me to bb world and then receive usual message not available for this handset
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zamathuli

Well you might have to wait until the new software gets to your country or be pushed to your phone, my version is 10.0.10.82, which is slightly higher than yours, hey I'm no expert like I said but I think this might be the reason
Please use plain text.