Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ajbahl27066
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

z 10 sync time frame and search

I have recently bought the Blackberry Z10 and encouraged others in our law office to do the same. To my shock, I have now realized that the instrument only stores 30 days of mails which is ridiculous and makes the Blackberry useless for me and all my colleagues. The earlier versions used to store messages for months and only to upgrade the storage did we invest in the new instrument. the feedback given was that the mails beyond 30 days will appear in a remote search . that is simply NOT THE CASE. in fact there seems to a limitation such that no more that around 100 mails will totally show up which is even less than for the 30 day period and only a day or two of mails for professional and business users like me and the bulk of bb customers.. the search is also pathetic. even within the 30 days only a couple of days mails actually show up for search even though the devise has 30 days mails. how can BlackBerry awake such a mistake and lets its loyal users down so badly. i bought it and recommended it to many others because i primarily saw it as a better devise for business with greater storage and access to mails and not for the gizmos and application which are of little use if this basic feature is so so faulty and distressing. Numerous other users I have met are now also realizing this serious lapse and limitation and are finding the blackberry useless. We have found no possible way to convey our immediate dismay and concerns to Blackberry as there seems to be no facility. I have no doubt that if this limitation is not removed very expeditiously, you are going to experience a huge number of returns and/or rejections from completely disgruntled users and potential old users like us who are trying to remain loyal to Blackberry when most others have moved to I phones. We would like to know if a solution for a much longer storage is going to be given very soon or whether we should switch to other instruments and stop being Blackberry users after all these years. upset user.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: z 10 sync time frame and search

I too am less than thrilled about the 30 day maximum retention.

The BB 10 OS 10.1 upgrade that is expected appears to address this for some protocols.  The 10.1 developer version and leaked versions apparently give the "forever" option to sync BES and Active Sync accounts.  I'm unsure of POP accounts.  IMAP accounts did not (yet) receive the upgrade.  This may follow later.

We won't know for sure until the official release, but this looks promising.

New Contributor
ajbahl27066
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Thanks. This is really helpful. I really don't know how blackberry could have gone so wrong  when introducing a new upgraded version and I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Do you think the search problems i am facing are a because of this limitation. Currently , with the daily load of mails i get  , I can't get to search more that 3 to 4 days unlike before when I could search for months.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

ajbahl27066 wrote:

Thanks. This is really helpful. I really don't know how blackberry could have gone so wrong  when introducing a new upgraded version and I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Do you think the search problems i am facing are a because of this limitation. Currently , with the daily load of mails i get  , I can't get to search more that 3 to 4 days unlike before when I could search for months.

Being unable to search beyond could be a limitation (or imposed limit) of your Exchange server.  I just checked on my device.  I just retrieved messages in a search on the server going back to Dec 2011.