If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
curtis84ta
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

z10 - L.E.D has anyone found any apps that can change the L.E.D for text/phone/email etc...?

Just been looking around for an app to change the LED color or flashing pattern when receiving a call/text/email etc... havn't been able to find one yet 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NJZ10
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: z10 - L.E.D has anyone found any apps that can change the L.E.D for text/phone/email etc...?

I am looking for this also.  ColorID, an oldie but a goodie, was on BlackBerry World for a few days, but I guess they figured out (as did I) that it didn't work.  It installed, but it never changed the LED.  OOPS.

Given the loss of functionality in Profiles, something like ColorID to change the LED would be welcome.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samcarter1022
My Device: Pearl 8120
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: z10 - L.E.D has anyone found any apps that can change the L.E.D for text/phone/email etc...?

I was looking for this too. So far all the apps I've found are not available for BlackBerry z10. I'm really disappointed they don't have this it was the best app I ever downloaded.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sebstarr3
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

i was looking too! all I see is an LED board.

seems simple enough no?

Please use plain text.
jodie_marie
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

I'm looking for this type of app too.. I had colour id but it didn't work.. to be honest I'm really disappointed that the newest phone out doesn't support most of the apps I love.. it really needs sorting.. bring back bebuzz I say :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that it's possible yet with the current SDK available to devs yet. Right now, BB10 won't let apps run in the background ("faceless" apps, like BeBuzz for example) where the service is running but the app isn't open (in the task switcher on BBOS). I've seen various posts around the internet where this is planned and coming but I don't know when. It's also something I read on the internet, so I'm not even sure if it's true, but I hope it is.

I'd love for apps like this to come to BB10...or I'd really like it if BlackBerry built in features like this into the OS so we could do it natively.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tamaki
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: telus

I'd have bought a z10 by now if i could install BerryBuzz.

This is disappointing because there was a OS 7.1 update with  led colour changer within the native OS.  Huge step back comparing.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tamaki
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: telus

Just saw this update.  

I've been holding off because of lack of colour-coded LED as well.  I currently use BerryBuzz.

Please use plain text.
jayupatel
My Device: BlackBerry z10 2014
My Carrier: idea

Check out LED - colorful lights for phone calls and messages in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/48090890
Please use plain text.