Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: z10 Landscape mode

[ Edited ]

nm1966 wrote:

PLEASE can someone help me I have tried EVERYTHING and I can not get the landscape mode to function at all !!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE i am going mental I have reset , rebooted re everything!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Do you have the rotation lock on?

This can be found on your home screen:

Slide from the top of the screen down to pull down the menu.  You will see rotation lock.

Secondaly there are a few apps that do not permit landscape.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
New Contributor
My Device: Tablet playbook
My Carrier: tre italy

Why no work landscape mode BlackBerry z10?
New Contributor
My Device: Blackbery Z10
My Carrier: Optus

No landscape dosent work for me in anything and i only got the phone monday its a shame cause its a awsome phone. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackbery Z10
My Carrier: Optus

Thanks mate it actually works, i did actually as you said, very happy.
New Contributor
My Device: Tablet playbook
My Carrier: tre italy

I solved it, but I rebooted I removed the battery and sim card for two minutes. I restarted and worked perfectly in landscape mode.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Landscape only works on a few areas, mainly the hub and the browser. If it works in those areas you're good to go. If not something is wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

The landscape function appears to be random.  In Facebook I clicked on a video and turned the phone to watch it but no, no landscape.  I only saw the center of the video because the sides were clipped.  I guess that's a Facebook app issue and not necessarily a Z10 issue.

Once again, seems that apps really aren't a Blackberry thing.  Never has been and apparently, never will be.  

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

I have had my Z10 for a few dyas now and agree; going from a Torch to the Z10, I am very reliant on ease of switching to landscape mode for extended typing/text.

Blackberry has come out with a truly great product this time, here's hoping they are watching the forums, and make an update for this problem soon.

It will also help when all the ship jumping app devs come back , and start to update their side of things as well.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Cellc

Restarting Z10 didnt work for me. Although changing from landscape to portrait and back works in following apps:  WhatsApp, Text/Email; Facebook; Badoo; Browser. BBM Does not work in landscape mode!  However; if I am in portrait mode and goto HUB, turn into Landscape more, and then select to chat in BBM, it seems to work in Landscape mode.  Blackberry really need to sort this out.!  Good luck guys

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Cellc

Cos it is much easier to type with 2 fingers in landscape more.  Specially if you have short fingers(thumbs).