Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10

z10 Landscape mode

PLEASE can someone help me I have tried EVERYTHING and I can not get the landscape mode to function at all !!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE i am going mental I have reset , rebooted re everything!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: z10 Landscape mode

I wish I could help. I have exactly the same problem. I thought the display woud automatically change to landscape when I turned the phone 90 degress, but it doesnt... ever. VERY annoying.

Contributor
My Device: z10

Ive sorted it!!! what to do is hold the powe button down until the phone counts down from 3 and turns off hen let go of the button. wait two minutes then pull the battery and let the phone power up normally! - That sorted it for me - it's a bit slow to rotate but ok!! good luck!

New Contributor

Sadly hasn't worked for me. I will keep trying, but I am starting to think I have a dodgy handset.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

There are many screens where landscape doesn't work. Landscape should work in the Hub, though. if it doesn't, pull down the settings menu from the home screen and make sure orientation lock is NOT enabled.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Mine doesn't work in any screen, even the browser. Rotation lock is definitely off.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I have also found that the device has to be near vertical when changing from one to the other so make sure you're getting it near vertical.

If that still doesn't work I'd recommend calling your carrier and have them escalate the issue to BlackBerry Support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Enterprise SME

If you are experiencing this issue I would advise calling into support to diagnose this.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Seems to work fine for me.

In HUB, I can rotate the device and the screen changes landscape/portrait no problem.

Make sure rotation lock is OFF. the little icon turns blue if lock is ON.

Many apps and screens do not allow orientation changes. For their own reasons they choose to lock one or the other.

If I am in HUB in landscape, and swipe up from the bottom bezel, it returns to the main screen in portrait mode. Looks like main screens are locked to portrait for whatever reason. (probably an Apple patent about showing main screens in landscape mode or something...)

Music app doesn't rotate. Picture app does.

If landscape/portrait works in HUB and pictures for you, then your device is working.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

why would any one use a phone in landscape mode, you then have only about 1% of the screen available, in that case you are better off using a Playbook which is made to be use in landscape

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin