Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

pgc
Contributor
pgc
My Device: z10
Accepted Solution

z10 Notes folder sync to outlook

all my folders are syncing over the air perfectly except for the Notes folder, anyone have any ideas?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: z10 Notes folder sync to outlook

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

"Notes"? As in Outlook client Notes? If so, and you are using Outlook.com as your transport medium between your BB and your Outlook client, then be aware that there is no facility, within Outlook.com, for Notes...nor in any other service provider that I'm aware of. As such, only Contacts and Calendar are available for OTA synchronization to the device.

When direct sync returns, you will be able to synchronize Notes again directly between your Outlook client and your Z10. But, OTA, I doubt it will ever exist...unless some service provider (e.g., Outlook.com) begins to support it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

if you mean the notes from your company outlook (exchange): They are synced into the Remember app.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
pgc
Contributor
pgc
My Device: z10

Notes as in Client Outlook,

my Tasks and all other folders sync OTA, also I connect directly to our exchange server.

a folder called Notes does show up in the Remember app, but there are no entries in there. However the entries from my Notes folder show up in a folder called Unfiled Entries in the Remember App.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Your Exchange server must be on Exchange 2010 or later for Notes to sync to the Remember app. If you're on Exchange 2003 Notes won't sync. I'm in the same boat.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
sambika
My Device: 9900

That's something i really don't like!! I can't update my Exchange in the next few days. Is there a workaround to this? An app or an idea how i can sync my notes anyways?

Thx!!

New Contributor
308BB_Bold
My Device: Z10

sambika wrote:

That's something i really don't like!! I can't update my Exchange in the next few days. Is there a workaround to this? An app or an idea how i can sync my notes anyways?

Thx!!

I am in the same boat.  Exchange is syncing email and contacts, but notes to Remember is not working.  Any update on this issue? 

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

No updates, nor will there be. It is a limitation of the version of Active Sync included with Exchange 2003. It requires 2010 or later without exception. I'm in the same boat. No sync of Notes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
b_k_logan
My Device: Z10

WHAT???  I've been using a Microsoft phone for the past several months, waiting for this new BB to become available.  During that time, I've missed the ability to have access to my Notes as it appears MS doesn't support the transfer of Outlook Notes anymore.  I've even been carrying my old BB around and syncing it the old fashioned way, just so I had my notes.  THEY ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

Now I find out BB doesn't sync Notes either?

PLEASE let me know if someone finds a decent workaround.  Even if I have to physically connect to my laptop, I'd be more than willing to do that to get my Notes back.

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

b_k_logan wrote:

WHAT???  I've been using a Microsoft phone for the past several months, waiting for this new BB to become available.  During that time, I've missed the ability to have access to my Notes as it appears MS doesn't support the transfer of Outlook Notes anymore.  I've even been carrying my old BB around and syncing it the old fashioned way, just so I had my notes.  THEY ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

Now I find out BB doesn't sync Notes either?

PLEASE let me know if someone finds a decent workaround.  Even if I have to physically connect to my laptop, I'd be more than willing to do that to get my Notes back.

You can Use Evernote

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin