Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
bonnie3710
My Device: z10
My Carrier: koodo
Accepted Solution

z10 back up

I have been trying to backup my z10 with no luck. I have tried every imaginable setting. The link software backed up the playbook fine but I just keep getting the yellow triangle with it say back up failed. Do I have a damaged phone? Does it need replacing?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: z10 back up

There are ongoing issues with Link on some computers, Blackberry is aware that there is an issue, but I can't find a KB article on it yet.

If I was you, I would contact your carrier for support and you will be escalated to Blackberry support so that they can help you figure out the issue.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dejanh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

The applications are causing a problem.  This same issue was plaguing PlayBook OS 1.x series.  Do a custom backup using Link and uncheck applications from the list you are backing up then it should work.  It solved the problem for me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bonnie3710

thank you i will try this

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bonnie3710

i am on the line with koodo now. hope this works thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bonnie3710

thanks. all I could back up was the settings. i guess I can't backup my paid apps for now. I hope this get fixed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sebstarr3
My Carrier: rogers

1:20 PM
It finally worked for me by deleting all BlackBerry desktop apps. Then reinstalling link ensuring BlackBerry z10 was already set to airplane mode and then attaching via usb and turning off all sync. Backup successful!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bonnie3710

i am going to try this now then and see if it works for me. will let you know. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sebstarr3
My Carrier: rogers

Hope it works you! It took me a while to give it out
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mhayes

Hey guys, I was able to backup my phone when I first got it and then I tried backing it up one day and it stopped working... after reading online about some apps causing problems, I decided to try and delete some of the latest ones I installed. Doing one at a time I eventually was able to backup, when I thought I found the "bad app" I re-installed one of the first apps I deleted, wouldn't backup again... turns out it wasn't any particular app (in my case).

Anyway! all this to say, that I think I found the issue some people are having. If you're application data is more than 675MB (give or take), Blackberry Link won't backup... I would backup my phone with whichever app at 672MB's, it would backup no problem, as soon as I would install another one, it would boost it up to 677MB's or above and it would be a no go... no particular app... I'm just guess 675MB, seems like it would make sense as a number. Anyway, I'm curious if this is the case for other people. What is everyone's application data size at, who are is having issues? If any of you can, try going below 672-675MB and see if it works.

Mike

Please use plain text.