Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z-30
My Carrier: Viettel Vietnam

Re: z10 back up

Here is what I did to resolve BB Link issues on my W8/64 machine:

1. Find a "BlackBerry Device" driver that is "not working properly" (yellow marked) in Windows 8 Device Manager and "uninstall" it.

2. Keep the Device Manager open. When you connect your Z10, the "BlackBerry Device" driver should install correctly.

3. BB Link will now work properly (I can backup/restore device data now).

Blackberry Z30 + BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm having issues backup as well and I'm in the 700MB area for software.

I turned off the backup option for application data and it was able to backup but does the other 2 options being backed up contact the important info such as contacts/emails/text etc.?

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Turning off application data definitely only causes the applications to be excluded from the backup. However, from my observations, I am not sure that Link correctly if at all backs up any contacts. Every time I do an update on the OS or restore the OS I have to re-link all of my contacts. I don't really like how Link is working right now.
Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

This is working for me right now but it is taking a long time. Delete the old desktop seems to be the way to go.

Contributor

spoke too fast, after it appeared to be synching, it has not. Can't even back up my phone right now.

Very frustrated as I can even seem to find a tech support number to call to get answers.

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately you will have to call your career if you want to get BlackBerry support. For some unknown reason BlackBerry does not offer direct end-user support. You may also want to try fully uninstalling Link and removing any BlackBerry drivers from the system and then reinstalling both the drivers and Link itself.
Contributor

I did go to Rogers yesterdaybut  they don't think their tech support will be much help but I will try.

I have deleted all the other desktop software, it looked like it was working but in the end, some synching but still no ability to back up.

Regular Contributor

What OS version are you on currently? It appears that for many backup issues were resolved after updating to the newest 10.0.10.85 release (OS version 10.0.10.672). Also, are you running any sideloaded Android apps? Those tend to interfere with the backup process.
Contributor

I just downloaded versio 1.0.0.76 last night.
I have no clue what a sideloaded app is ..???
Regular Contributor

That's version of Link. Did you update your phone OS though? If Rogers is your carrier you should have an update available, unless you already installed it. Go to Settings > Software Updates.