Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: z10 back up

Just an addendum, when I went back to Device manager after re-nstalling BB link, I noticed there was no longer a BB Device. Is this normal?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

The driver problem with the exclamation mark happened to me too several times.  Just plug the Z10 back in, remove the driver with the exclamation mark again, and then unplug the Z10 and plug it back in.  You may need to do this a few times before everything picks up correctly.

Also, it is normal that after removing the driver and removing Link there would be no BB in the Device Manager.  The only time that BB should show there is when the device is installed and plugged in, and this is dependent on plugging in the Z10 to the computer via USB, not the Link software.

Contributor

I am getting this message...
BB cannot be removed as it is associated with the current BlackBerry ID
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Sounds like you are trying to remove things through Link...

1. Go to Link and go to Settings, General, and then disable all of the auto start options (see screenshot below)...

2. Close Link.

3. Go to Device Manager and remove the driver again.

4. Unplug your BB.

5. Plug the BB back in.

6. Wait for the driver to install.

7. Start Link.

Contributor

Nope no luck. I did open the BB device in Device manager and this is what I got, in blackberry device manager if it helps

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

New Contributor
My Device: z10

well I think I got it working. deleted link again, deleted a bunch of apps off the phone, even ones i paid for and got the data down amount down. reinstalled link, set phone to airplane mode, crossed my fingers and pushed backup. it was working backing up and this time when it finished ti said it backed up today. So if i don't put anything else on my phone it should work, then maybe i can put the rest of my apps on.  Other than the pain of backing up i love this phone. blackerry rocks.