Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: EE

z10 backup disabled in BB Link

tried to back up z10 several times but the backup button is all blacked out. I can only restore or remove device in tab box. I have completely wiped my phone and still doesnt allow to back up. Most users are saying that backup fails after a couple of seconds but that is obviously not problem with mine.

Any help appreciated.

Phone with Orange EE  (and still waiting for an update for other bugs)   Love the phone though.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: z10 backup disabled in BB Link

Hey wilden160,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry Link are you using?  Also are you using a PC or a Mac?  

Are you able to do a selective backup?  

Click on the device and then settings and under General choose Select data to include your backup files and try to select one data base and then try to do a backup.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: EE

hi,

im using pc on windows 7.

Link is version 1.0.0.76

I can tick the box 'select data to include.......' and i can choose a file name but there are no data bases to select. the next thing listed is synchronisation content. (changing these makes no difference). Backup still darkened out.

Also, Im sure it did try to backup when i first got the phone under the original BB link. However it came up with an error message and there was always a yellow triangle next to phone name on bottom tab. This dissapeared once i re loaded original system data to phone (reset).

I have no real other problems with phone, just worried that when i finally get an update, i havnt got a backup of my device in case something goes wrong.

Thanks for any help

(also desperate for usb outlook sync...like many)

Developer
My Device: LE Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I have the same problem. Backup is not active, Backup Now does not appear in settings window, Select data to backup just brings up a text box to enter a filename.

Link Version: 1.0.1.17

Z10:
STL 100-3

SW Rel 10.0.10.85

OS Ver 10.0.10.672

Build ID 445581

Developer
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Bump: anything happening on this? I have the same problem.

Developer
My Device: LE Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I upgraded to Link 1.1 and it started working, got one backup done. I know that isn't very helpful, but that's all I've got.