Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
ticfever
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

z10 battery

Is anyone else having to charge their z10 3 to 4 times in a 12 hour time scale with minimum usage?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: z10 battery

Yes, some are having issues. Here's some threads that were already started:

"Battery Life"

"Battery Life Problem"

"Battery Power"

"Looking for tips on improving battery life"

That should get you started. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ticfever

The battery had performed well today. Charged to 100% last night. Went to bed 12.20am, woke up 7.30am, battery was 82%. Have been using it today on and off. Time now is 3.15pm and still have 45%. Should last over 24 hours I think.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hedobum
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

I've found that battery life, for the first week or so, has always been less than tip top. It has usually taken a few charges to wake up the battery to its full potential.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FrankSiedler
My Device: Torch 9860, Bold 9900, Z10, Z30
My Carrier: e-Plus

I had updated to 10.0.10.99 and now the battery power is enough for one workday :-) That's okay. Perhaps the next updates could enhance it quite a little bit more?!! :-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmerlusca
My Carrier: Cosmote

Guys,
My opinion is that the battery still should be considered an issue.
I need to charge it 2-3 times per day, as I am a heavy user. I think it was nice to have one as Q10 has-2300 mA.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paperless
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi just picked up my BB10 phone in Chicago and things see to be ok.

I'm up in Vancouver for business and my phone is getting less than 8 hours without any phone calls and only 5 or 6 emails.  Something is really wrong with either my phone or being in Canada where the phone was born.  Any suggestions or should I just take it back to AT&T and return to my old BB Tourch which worked for three years no problem.  I'm feeling a little like a Beta customer reading all the postings.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ticfever

With the latest OS update, the battery life is significantly better. a full 1 day with medium use is typical. The z10 does require a few charges to settle in to having a stable battery. So give it a week. When you charge give until fully charged
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Just bought a second battery two days ago, I have suspicions that there may be a bad batch of batteries out there. I got 16 hours out of my new one and the one that came with my phone maxes out at 7 or 8 hours with the same use.

I will investigate further as one good day isn't enough data to go on, but those that are having really bad run times.. post your battery lot codes. Maybe there is a pattern?

My suspect battery is from lot code: DC121201 GOPAA01429
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
FrankSiedler
My Device: Torch 9860, Bold 9900, Z10, Z30
My Carrier: e-Plus

[ Edited ]

Hi,

the Lot Code of my battery: DC130126 GOPAA07426

I get about 8 - 9 hours out, with normal use (one email push folder and some web browsing). Have no sim card installed. I use "3G and 2G" option.

Please use plain text.