Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Hedobum
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: z10 battery

The battery life does get better over time. It helps to do a run of batter conditioning cycles....drain your battery completely each day (until phone shuts down on its own for lack of battery life) for 3 days in a row. Keep charging it fully every night. This "wakes up" the battery and it will start holding a charge longer.

I get an average of 12 hours a day now with moderate-heavy usage. I run 3 email accounts, all notifications on, 4GLTE on, WiFi on, texting regularly, and I'm a forum whore on Crackberry.com using the CB10 app. I'd say that's pretty good up time on my battery.

You can also invest in a BlackBerry battery pack bundle.

I picked on of these up at a BestBuy Mobile store for a little better than the link price but it does come in handy if you haven't got time to charge your phone.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I did buy a battery bundle, which is how I know that my original battery is actually so crappy.!! :smileywink:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paperless
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: AT&T

My battery works fine as long as I'm at home in the US.  I get more than 24 hours no problem.  The issue that I'm having is that I'm traveling in Canada roaming on the Rodgers system.  My phone is running in 4G mode or at least that is what its telling me.  The phone seem to be running a little warmer than normal and the batter life in standby more is less than 8 hours. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gwendlandt
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I used to have some battery issues as well even after applying the latest update.

Due to some other issue I did a security wipe and then had to reinstall the update.

This brought some really significant improvement to the battery life time. Now the battery lasts incredible long i must say.

Anyway when using 4G it is normal that you have a much higher energy consumption. This would be the case with any other mobile using 4G or just 3G.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paperless

Discovered last night the my tracking feature was turned on.  This is if you lose your phone it can be recovered.  My feeling is this was the problem.  Traveling in the US this may not be a proble but traveling in Canada this my have caused me to use a large about of Roaming Data on the Rodgers System and would explain why the phone seemed warm.  Lets see what the next 24 hours holds.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hedobum
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Tracking feature? If you are referring to the Blackberry Protect tracking, that is done by simply using the phone's GPS. BB Protect sends a signal to your phone (when you want to track it...not all the time) and your phone responds with its GPS location. I doubt this is your problem.
Your GPS does not use a lot of power unless for some reason it has a high ping rate. There must be something else running in the background. There are apps available in AppWorld that will tell you exactly what is eating your power. I don't know how accurate they are as I haven't used them, but this may help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paperless

Well this was the problem....

I turned the Tracking Feature off and after 8 hours still had 50% battery life left.  The day before after 8 hours the device was dead (turned it self off).  This tracking feature uses a ton of battery power.  So now I can get 16 hours from my battery.  Not anywhere as good as my BB Tourch that it replaced but that was only a 3G phone and the display was about 1/2 the size.  I guess its about as good as the iPhone for battery life.  Not what Blackberry is telling us in the sales ad's.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FrankSiedler
My Device: Torch 9860, Bold 9900, Z10, Z30
My Carrier: e-Plus

I had about 9 hours to drain the battery with Internet usage and email push. Now i drained the battery completely until the Z10 turned off. After recharging now i have about 15 hours with equal usage!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
FrankSiedler
My Device: Torch 9860, Bold 9900, Z10, Z30
My Carrier: e-Plus

@drewread

could you please post your lot code of the good battery.

Thank you,

Frank

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paperless

Things are all better.

I returned from my week in Vancouver and returned back to Chicago.  Now that my phone is no longer roaming I'm now getting Four Days of usage on a single charge.  All I can think is it has something to do with the Rogers system not liking a phone from the US. 

Issue closed.

Please use plain text.