Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
gordo99
My Device: Blackberry Playbook and Z10
Accepted Solution

z10 discharged quickly when holstered

It was about 80% full. I had it holstered and in a locker at the gym. When I finished, and took it out after the gym,  it felt warm and was almost dead. The battery was down to 12% and then drained in less than 40 min when not even being used. Any ideas?

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: z10 discharged quickly when holstered

Gord,

I also have the holster and when I put my phone in it, puts the phone in Sleep Mode.  The only thing that could cause your battery to drain so fast is that you mobile connection lost its signal  when inside the Metal Locker, then it keeps working hard to find a signal. I think thats why your phone was hot.  With my old Torch did that also.. You can test this by putting the phone in the holster tonight and let it sit there.  

Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Also next time you are at the gym and you put your phone in the locker, disconnect the Mobile connection, and I think you will be fine ..

New Contributor
gordo99

Thanks Arsen. That makes perfect sense. I never would have figured that out. Have a great night.
Contributor
hrdnox
My Device: Z10 Blackberry 10

My battery wouldn't last an eight hour work shift without it draining. A guy at work suggested I turn off the WiFi when I'm not anywhere using it (like at home or a Tim Hortons).

I flip the WiFi off now and the battery lasts me two days almost. The phone uses huge amounts of battery power constantly searching for WiFi if it's left on.

I guarantee...that will help.

Regards,

Mark.

It's always funny when it's someone else.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Your Welcome Gord.

New Contributor
gordo99

Thanks Mark. Another great tip.