Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
sebstarr3
My Device: z10

z10 faulty code BUG - emails may not be sent/released if you have a hosted domain with email accounts

let me preface this by saying I have been a loyal blackberry user, screaming from my soapbox about blackberry for many many years and that I am not a techie and really wish blackberry all the best.

however, today my blackberry faith has been completely crushed and i don't want anyone to go through this pain.

I just confirmed  that the z10 in it's current OS and the way in which email is formatted does not meet certain code requirements CRLF RFC ??  As such any emails routed through to a hosting provider will likely be blocked from leaving their servers. It has to do with headers, date stamps and formatting of the emails as read by spam blockers as they apprear from the blackberry OS

what happened to me is that emails showed as sent, and then i was wondering why i never head back from clients. Bingo. they never got it. 

After extensive phone calls, testing accounts with BB, hosting domain and Rogers, it became clear this was a z10 issue.

So any small business owners that use large hosting providers that have strict spam and code requirements BEWARE. In all liklihood you will experience great difficulties in emailing anyone (read they won't get them).

Gmail and hotmail work fine.

Before you mention them...STMP and SSL and ports do not make a difference in my case. This has been confirmed. Trust me.

Is it a nice device? Yes.  Does it have potential? yes.  Does it meet my  most basic email needs? NO

to top it all off, i just extended my contract to get this phone. If I'm lucky, from the sounds of it, it might work after two future OS updates.

I am flabbergasted by this huge oversight and really do wish blackberry well, but if this doesn't get fixed when they get U.S. customers...I think they are going to be TORN apart.

Blackberry are you listening?

Feel free to send me some sort of love or compensation for my previous years of devout loyalty, my being trapped in a contract in your name and for bringing this issue to your attention.

signed

heart broken with a shiny new useless z10 which apparently can't return now. 

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: z10 faulty code BUG - emails may not be sent/released if you have a hosted domain with email accounts

Hi sebstarr3,

What type of email account are you having the problem with? Are you using the email provider's SMTP server?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
sebstarr3

Re: z10 faulty code BUG - emails may not be sent/released if you have a hosted domain with email accounts

I am using a hosted domain ie abc.com

This issue was escalated to all parties including BlackBerry and all recommended SMTP alternatives were explored as I mentioned in my post above.

All things point to an oversight in the way BlackBerry Os sends out messages that will get caught in servers where there are spam rules in place which would in effect be many major domain hosting providers
kbergquist
My Device: Z-10 STL100-3

I had email function for a few weeks. My z10 quit recieving emails from my hosted email address yesterday and all of today. 13 family members with i-phones and I am stuck with a mobile business and no email... Somebody sort this out please.

Ken:

Contributor
sebstarr3

If all else fails...and youve deleted and reset your accounts with the Imap settings provided to you, See if your hosting provider can white list your domain and turn off All spam settings. It's a long shot but it might work

It's painful I know! We need to have BlackBerry understand this issue!
kbergquist
My Device: Z-10 STL100-3

Thanks for the input. I will try it and let my email host know.

Ken

New Contributor
throwinbombs
My Device: Black Berry Z10

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am having the exact problem as sebstarr3.
My email host is a POP from Network Solutions.

I am using my email providers SMTP server correctly.
My company's ability to send email from their Z10 is destroyed.

Signed,
a very unhappy customer.

New Contributor
throwinbombs

[ Edited ]

I just realized that the last post for this thread was 1 week ago.
This just started happening on March 8, 2013 half to one day after I updated to the OS 10.0.10.85 by Bell Canada. They seemed to be a little late on their roll out as opposed to Rogers.

Is the issue the same since a week ago? I would think BlackBerry would have sent a patch out by now?

Contributor
sebstarr3

Hi there, so when I was speaking with bb I was told that this fix would not make it into the update.  I have no reason to believe that this issue is resolved as the update rolled out shortly after my lengthy discussion so by then I assume the update was already with the carriers for review.

Perhaps you can raise this issue with them again and give them a test account to see what they can do. I know how much this sucks and this needs to be escalated continuously to make it into the next updates. 

Also see if your hosting provider can help by whitelisting your domain and turn off spam blockers.

Wish you well 

New Contributor
throwinbombs

hi sebstarr3, thanks for the update.