Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
siddharthac
My Carrier: Airtel

z10 headphones not working

Hi. My galaxy note 2 headphones were working fine on my z10 till I updated it. Now though on calls only the right side works. And while playing music there is no option for the headphones.
PlayBook | Bold 9900 | Z10
@siddhartha_c
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret

Re: z10 headphones not working

Hey siddarthac,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry 10 did you update to?  Go to Settings>About to get this info.  Also have you tried a different pair of headphones?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
siddharthac
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi ViciousFerret,
I upgraded to 10..82

The problem perhaps was that my TTY was enabled, though I'm not sure. I did the following:
1. Disabled TTY
2. Pulled battery before sleeping.
3. Put it in the morning.

It is working now :smileyhappy: and the codec in the blackberry seems to make my stupid samsungs sound like bose. Amazing.

Thanks,
Sid
PlayBook | Bold 9900 | Z10
@siddhartha_c
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mchicago
My Carrier: giffgaff

The answer above is really important:

If you turn on TTS

• When you use the music player (or anything else that makes noise), it wont go to the headphone socket
  • When you make a phone call, it goes straight into 'audio' device and you have to select handset or speaker up front.

None of these 'features' are documented on the TTS setting - I admit I turned it on to "see what it would do" and my phone was broken for a month before I bothered googling.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grcuervos
My Carrier: T-Mobile

How do I turn TTS or TTY off?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grcuervos
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I tried turning on and off the TTY on my z10 but it did not correct the problem. Here is my problem when I plug in my headphones the music does not come from the headphones, but instead from the loud speaker on my z10. It's plugged in correctly all the way in but nothing comes out of the headphones.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mdslammon
My Carrier: Verizon

Today is May 16th and I bought my phone the day it came out. Well, no luck for either I've trouble shooted all the necessary steps for Z10. I tried almost every headphone available with no luck as well. My phone has never been in contact with water, been dropped etc. etc. I don't understand why this is happening and is a bit frustrating as its so new.  I tried to support  the BB but with this I may switch to another phone. Ive had an ipod touch for years now with no issues with the jack and I get this phone and bam 2 months later broken? Not to mention the countless frezzes and restarts its had. I'm starting to think I'm going to switch phones. I tried to support you and I may just move to another phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fauthsie
My Carrier: roger

I am having similar problems. How do I turn off/on tty?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mdslammon
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi to turn off TTY go to settings-accesibilty and you'll see the option there. I just went to Verizon and they tested my phone. They used canned air to blow out the head phone jack and after that didnt work the tecnician looked at it and tested for damge/water damage which they didnt find on my phone. The technician said it happens to all of the phones not just specifc to Blackberry. With that being said your phone has a 1 year warranty on it regardless of carrier, annoying yes, but to get a new phone its one day shipping with no charge so not that big of a deal. I would suggest however when you insert your headphone plug to do it gently versus slamming it in. Might have something to do with it. Overall, this is a common error with a lot of phones perhaps we just got a bad batch.

Please use plain text.
ClassicMustang

I had the same problem.  Battery pulls did not help.

Turning on, then turning off "Hearing Aid Mode" fixed the problem.  The audio switches automatically between headphones and speaker normally now.

Hearing aid mode is under "System Settings" -> "Accessibility" -> "Hearing Aid Settings"

I'm running 10.0.10.116

Please use plain text.